Chapter 83

*Unedited*
Third Person POV

The meeting at Malfoy Manor had been going on for only twenty minutes when Snape and Yaxley came in late. Although they were late, both of them brought important information about Harry Potter's departure from his aunt and uncle's house on Privet Drive, excusing them from whatever would've have come their way. Voldemort had then stood up, asking for Lucius Malfoy's wand.

"I require your wand Lucius," Voldemort says slowly. Lucius doesn't speak as he pulls his dark, black wand from his robes. "What is it?"

"Elm and dragon heartstring, my Lord," Lucius' pale face cringes as Voldemort takes the wand into his hands. He pulls out his own wand to compare the two, and Lucius moves to take Voldemort's wand.

"Are," he laughs through the words, "are you trying to take my wand? Have I not given you enough? I've noticed your family has not been happy since my arrival. Maybe your family is no longer on my side."

"O-of course not, my Lord. We want you here." Voldemort tuts at Lucius' weak response.

"It is an honor," Bellatrix Lestrange shrieks, "an honor to have you here, my Lord."

"I'm glad to hear that it is an honor to welcomed into a family that has been so tainted."

"Whatever do you mean, my Lord?" Bellatrix asks, looking nervous.

"I'm talking about how your niece-your's and Narcissa's-just got married to the werewolf, Remus Lupin. I'm talking about Sirius Black, who wasted his pureblood. I'm talking about his half-blood daughter, who currently resides in the basement below us. The daughter, who was supposedly on our side."

"Narcissa and I have not talked to our sister since she married the mudblood," Bellatrix says quickly. "And I have killed the blood traitor. But my Lord, you had said she would join us-"

"ARE YOU SAYING!" everyone shrunk back in fear as he raised his voice, then quieted it. "Are you saying, it is my fault that you did not get Eva Black on our side."

"Of course not, my Lord. Of course," Bellatrix gasps. "And she will suffer for her disloyalty. She will suffer the fate I laid upon Alice and Frank Longbottom, only worse."

"How?"

"I will drag it out, my Lord. Slowly and painfully." Bellatrix cackles in delight at the sound of her own plan.

"Good," Voldemort just nods his head. "Begin it now. But only a little Bella, we are dragging it out remember." Bellatrix nods and quickly scurries off to the dungeon. The table fell silently, waiting for the sound of the torture. It came, a minute later. The sound of Eva Black's screams filled the hollow room for less than a minute, before it went silent again. Every Death Eater had a smirk plastered on their face. Every Death Eater except, Draco Malfoy and Laurie Calle. "Now," Voldemort says quietly, "we will move onto your punishment, Draco. After all you were the one stopped Eva Black's death."

Eva's POV

I sigh as the door to the dungeon creaks open. Had it really been a week already? I nod towards Ollivander, who had joined me only a few weeks after I had been locked here. Well at least I think it was a few weeks. My ability to tell time was slowly going, and I could my sanity slipping away day by day. Just like Bellatrix wanted it to.

I force my neck to turn towards Peter, who always came to fetch me for Bellatrix but instead of the ugly, fat traitor that I had to see each day I saw the thin, pale face of Narcissa Malfoy.

"Well, are you going to just stare at me or are you going to get up?" her high regal voice cut through the dreary environment. I slowly push off the wall and limp over to Narcissa. Surprisingly, she wraps her arm around me, and allows me to lean on her as we slowly make our way up the stairs and into the main hall. We silently make our way past my normal torture spot and head for the stairs.

"Cissy?" Bellatrix's cold voice slices through the silence. "Why are you bringing my plaything upstairs?" I expected Narcissa to look guilty or even have an even face, but instead her face scowls up.

"Your plaything and Ollivander reek terribly. I cannot stand the smell of their filth wafting through my house, so I've decided to bring them to the bathroom." Bellatrix eyed her younger sister carefully.

"Why not have Wormtail or one of the elves do it?"

"Them," Narcissa let out a high laugh. "Either of them would find someway to let the prisoners escape. So, like always, I must do everything myself." Bellatrix seemed satisfied with her sister's answers and nodded her along. The older blonde dragged me into an elegant looking bathroom and closed the door. "Eat this, and drink this." I found a small vial and a big muffin in my hands in a second. "It will help with your strength. Mentally and physically. Hurry up, Eva!"

I quickly downed the potion, fighting the urge not to throw it up, and quickly devour the muffin. I hadn't had proper food since I had been brought to Malfoy Manor, and the muffin was like eating chocolate after taking a few month break.

"Now, shower. I cannot leave the room but you can close the curtain." I just nod, feeling the words 'thank you' disappear on my tongue. "Oh, and Eva?" Her hard, blank face was now soft, and looked almost exactly like Draco's. "Is okay if I cut your hair? It'll be easier to manage...and, well you look too much like Bellatrix for my liking." I turn to the mirror which I had disregarded when I had first entered. Narcissa was right. My lifeless grey eyes were the exact copy of Bellatrix's-and Sirius' for that matter. My tangled black hair was down to my waist and looked a lot like Bellatrix long unbrushed hair, and after being starved I had gained the the tight face and high cheekbones that all the Black's seemed to have.

"Y-yes." I croak out. I hadn't truly spoke for a while. Ollivander and I just nodded our heads at one another, though sometimes when Bellatrix tortured me I'd scream a few words out. A tear slips out of my eye as I looked at the person I've become. Narcissa pretends not notices as her preforms a spell that cuts my hair to my jaw.

Both of gasp at the sight. Though it was only hair, cutting almost all of it changed how I looked completely, and I found myself rather looking like Bellatrix. I tear my gaze away from the hauntingly similar face that I had seen in photos before. I slip into the shower and let the tears spill out, trying to get the memory of Sirius Black looking back at me in the mirror moments ago to go away. Unfortunately, that's one memory that never would.