Chapter 13

There is a Hogsmeade trip before Sirius breaks in but I decided to switch them

Eva's POV

I never got to talk to Harry after he sent me that dog. I don't know how he did it but it must be important enough to talk away from everyone else.

Sirius Black had broken into the castle and caused everyone to have a sleepover in the Great Hall. And while Black was the talk in everyone's conversation I couldn't help to obsess over what Harry wanted.

After three long days of waiting it was finally time for our meeting. I skipped lunch and headed to the Whomping Willow a little scared. Over the summer I had heard the flying car story so many times I could repeat by heart and I didn't want it to attack me like it did Ron.

I crept close to the tree waiting for it start attacking me. Then I saw it again. The dog. It moved behind bushes a few yards away. I reluctantly followed it. Why does Harry have a bloody dog? As I got closer I felt a hand wrap around my mouth and waist pulling me close.

I wriggled expecting a scarred 3rd year with broken glasses but instead a mass murder held me in his grasp, grinning with his ugly and unkept teeth.

"Eva darling. I missed- AHH!" he let out a loud yell as I bit the hand around my mouth but he barely budged. "Ah yes I forgot you don't know who I am. Say hello to your father dear."

Sirius Black makes one quick movement to remove his hand and grab my wand. I was defenseless against a mass murder, great.

"You're NOT my father. My father is-"

"Oh John isn't your father darling. He's your uncle. Your Mum's brother. Though he thought he was you're father. Took a lot of oblivating to make that happen, though it was all Remus can't take the credit."

I couldn't help but to gasp in surprise. How did he know my fathers name? Is he-no it must be a trick. Black's were a pureblood family, maybe he wanted to kill Muggleborns.

"You don't believe me," his sighs sounded genuinely sad but I couldn't fall for it. "I'll just have to make you."

"What-" As he starts to raise my wand and shake and wriggle trying to break free of his grasp. But I was to late as he hit me with a spell.

I excepted to feel nothing but instead I felt my head burn as memories flooded into my head. They were memories of Sirius and a baby. Hundreds of moments flashed in front of me of a young baby and Sirius Black trying to take care of it. Him, a redheaded woman and someone who looked oddly familiar all took turns holding the baby.

"Eva....where'd I go?" the redhead says after covering her face. "Here I am! Where'd I go Eva? Here I am!"

I'm pulled out of memories-his memories gasping for breath.

"That's not possible."

"I know it's hard to believe me but-"

"It's...not..possible," I say again, trying to convince myself. My breathing starts go all over the place and I jump back from Sirius. As I start to move away he quickly jumps forward and pulls me into his arms.

"Let go of me! Let...go...of...me!"

"Shhhh Eva. It's okay. I know it's a lot to handle right now." Sirius whispers as I try to wriggle out of his grasp. After a few minutes of trying, I give up and try to calm down.

After I fully calm down he lets me go and starts to explain. And for some reason I had believed it. He had oblivated my father, who is actually my uncle, to make him think I was his child right before he got taken to Azkaban. Memories of him and my mother had been removed so John Jackson would probably barely remember the past. We had barely been able to talk before other students had started to fill outside but he had agreed to meet me at the Shrieking Shack on the first Hogsmeade visit.

As I walked back into the castle my mind raced with everything that had just happened. But somehow I believed every word out of the man's mouth. My father's mouth.