Chapter 62

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

"Hello, Black."

"Draco? What are you doing out of bed so late?"

"I'm a prefect." He looks at me weirdly. "Er are you doing better with you know..."

"Oh I guess," I say itching my left arm, then snapping, "Why?"

"Look Eva..." he moves closer and starts to whisper, "my father told me what happened in the grav-"

"I don't want to talk about it Draco." I start to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"It's not your fault Eva. You need to know that it's-"

"Of course it is!" I pause and look around to see if anyone heard before whispering again. "You can say the words avada kedavra as many times as you want but it won't work unless you mean it."

"But you were imperioed...maybe the Dark Lord wanted it bad enough..."

"Draco...it doesn't work like that," tears cling to my eyes yet again but I refuse to let they fall. "I should go."

"You didn't mean it. You're not a killer Eva." He looks at me scared.

"I-I'll see you around Draco."

The interaction with Draco takes my mind off Laurie and I walk to my dorm, hoping that when I wake it this would all just be a bad dream.

But it wasn't. As hard as I try I can't Laurie anywhere in the castle or on the map again. After a week I give up on trying and turn my focus to something else. Harry's secret meetings. Him, Hermione and Ron finally found a room to practice and tonight, right before curfew we would practice. Luckily today I only have Care of Magical Creatures, a class that always goes fast. As much as I liked Hagrid I was glad Professor Grubby-Plank was a far better teacher. The lessons were less messy, more including and had more information.

"Now," Professor Grubby-Plank starts as the few of us who kept this class gathered around her, "I know we have done this creature is earlier years but Nifflers are always a good creature to learn about. Today we will be working on catching one. They are very good at getting away, so don't think this will be easy." She turns to pull out almost ten Nifflers. "I have buried gold around the grounds and they will go to find it. Now...go catch them!"

The task proved to be difficult just as she had said, saying Accio Niffler wasn't enough to not make them escape your grasp. In the end a Hufflepuff girl ended up being the first to catch one. After the class I hustled up to the dorm to wait for the first meeting. When I arrive Kala and Luna are already pacing, both excited and nervous.

"Harry said we're all to head to the seventh floor and stand across from Barnabas the Barmy's tapestry. We're going in small groups and the three of us are going to one of the first ones," Luna informs me as she paces slower than Kala. We wait for what seems like hours until finally it's time to leave. As unsuspiciously as possible we walk up to the seventh floor to find a brick wall.

"Well now what do we-" Kala is interrupted as the wall pushes open, revealing Harry.

"Come in quickly," he whispers waving us in. Moments later a crowd of people from the three houses follow us.

"No Slytherins?" I whisper to Luna.

"I gueas no one invited them."

Fred makes his way next to me, distracting me from Harry's speech.

"We're not still mad at each other are we?"

"I didn't know we were. And I'm-"

"Who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?" Hermione yells out as everyone starts to raise our hands.

"Okay thanks now-what Hermione?" Harry snaps at her next interruption.

"I think we also ought to have a name."

"How about the Anti-Umbridge League?" Angelina suggests earning snickers from Lee.

"Or the Ministry are Morons Group?" Fred adds.

"How about Defense Association? D.A. for short," Cho pipes up.

"Well how about Dumbledore's Army since the Ministry is so afraid of him," Ginny says.

"Okay all in favor of D.A....Okay it's passed!" Hermione yells.

"Now first I think we should start with the Disarming Charm..." while Harry and a few others spoke I turn back to Fred.

"I want to apologize for the Hogsmeade trip...I should've been nicer and-"

"I get it Ev. Now do you want to be my partner so I can steal your wand?"

"You wish Freddie," I say backing away to give each other space. "Expelliarmus!" Fred's wand flies out of his hand and I smirk proudly.

Fred walks over to pick up his wand and whips around, "Expelliarmus!" My wand flies out of my hand and my smirk falls. We continue to shout the spell with everyone else for the next hour until Harry called out.

"That was pretty good. Same time, same place next week?"

"Sooner!" a younger Gryffindor yells excitedly.

"Well Quidditch is about to start and we need to practice too," Angelina says.

"Well let's say Wednesday and we can figure it out from there. Come one we better get going before it's too late."

Fred pulls me in and kiss my forehead. "See you tomorrow love."