Chapter 78

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

I thought things would get better once I was Hogwarts, but it only got worse. Between the cabinet and trying to catch up on my work I got no sleep each night. Everyday I got moodier and moodier, as much as I tried to stop it, I couldn't stop yelling at everyone. I snapped at Kala and even Luna almost two times a day, I apologized after immediately but my two best friends started to drift away. I wrote to Fred almost everyday and tried to get McGonagall to allow to me to go back to see Fred, but after I ended up snapping at her it was a definite no. To make things worse Tonks never came by again and Remus hadn't responded to any of my letters.

Now January and February had pasted and we still had no luck with the cabinet. "I yelled at Kala again today," I sigh as I fill through yet another book.

"I'm surprised those two haven't left you yet. Good thing Weasley isn't here or he would have dumped you the second you started acting like Madam Pince."

"Shut it and do something for once," I wave my wand and say a repairing spell inside my head. "Nothing? How have any of these not worked?"

"Are sure you can even do nonverbal spells? It seems too-" without even looking up from my book, I send Draco flying halfway across the room onto a bed in the corner. "EVA!"

I just ignore him and turn to the next page. "You really should be more careful Draco."

"Fine," he stalks back over with his white shirt covered in dust and normally flat hair messed up. "I guess who don't want to hear about your friend Dori-"

"Laurie. You know that. Now stop being a prat and tell me what you found out."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Her and her parents are off trying to convince other purebloods to join us."

"There is no us. I am not part of your merry Death Eater group."

"You know, you say that Eva..." he smirks down at me, knowing he is starting to irritate me. "But you have not only casted one, but two Unforgivable Curses and are now helping to kill -"

"I didn't ask to become a Death Eater and I sure as hell didn't ask to do this! This," I gesture to the cabinet, "is all your fault. You should have just left me to die!"

"I'm sorry I care enough about you to save your bloody life!" Draco yells back.

"You know what, fuck this! You can do it your fucking self!" I storm away, ignoring Draco's cursing and pull out the map.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." The ink slowly spreads onto the parchment and I glance around to see if I could make it back to the dorm unnoticed. My eyes glaze over the map, but something in hospital wing catches my eye. It was not just two but four Weasley's, as well as Harry and Hermione. My heart skips a beat at Fred's name, but then slowly starts to sink. If they were here that meant either Ginny or Ron was seriously injured. As fast as I can, with a few detours, I make my way to the hospital wing.

"Hello?" I call out into the somber room.

"Eva?" I recognize the voice as Harry's. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw Fred and George on the map and realized Ginny or Ron must be hurt." I make my way towards them in the curtained off section to see Ron. His face looked as pale as the bedsheets. "What happened?"

"Ron ate a love potion and I took him to Slughorn, he cured him and pulled out something to drink. Ron drank it first and..." Harry trails off looking dreadful.

"He'll be okay right?" No one speaks, everyone except Ginny just nods their head.

"I'm surprised you care," Ginny spits in a low voice.

"Excuse me?" I can feel all the anger from only moments ago in the Room of Requirement come rushing back.

"I'm surprised you are even here for Ron. All you seem to care about is yourself lately, always yelling at Luna, Kala, and even McGonagall."

"Ginny-" Fred starts but I cut him off.

"No it's okay Fred. So all the sudden you care about Luna, who you've been calling Loony for years. Or is it just me you have a problem with?"

"You know, I do have a problem with you," Ginny snaps raising her voice. "You act like your the only one with things happening to you. Guess what? Other people are going through similar-"

"Oh so there's other people who spent eight months locked in a dungeon! There's other people who witnessed their father being murdered and then hallucinating about! There's other people who had to look into the eyes of their fathers killer every single day!" The room goes silent and no one meets my eyes. "That's what I thought." I run out of the room, trying to hold the tears until I was enough away.

"Eva! Oh thank Godric-" Molly beams at me, looking exhausted.

"I'm sorry Molly, I have to go." Her smile fades away as she catches me crying.

"Eva darling don't go!" But I don't listen to her, and keep walking trying to make the tears stop.

"Eva!" I recognize Fred's voice but I don't want to stop. I don't want him to see me like this, but unfortunately his legs are much longer than mine and it doesn't take long for him to catch up with me. "Eva please wait, Ginny didn't mean that."

"She did, Fred." I try to look down and block him from seeing my face, but Fred gently grabs my chin and lifts it up. "She's not wrong." My voice is now a whisper and my tears have dried up, only a few escaping.

"Shhh," he whispers wiping a tear away. "I'm here Ev." We stare at each other for a few more seconds until I lean forward and press my lips against his. The kiss is soft at first, but slowly it becomes more intense and needy. I pull against him harder until Fred's back hits the wall.

I pull away and grab his hand. "Come on." We walk silently up the stairs and to the seventh floor. I start to pace in front of the Room of Requirement, where I had just been not that long ago.

"Ev, what are we..." instead of answering him, I take Fred's hand and lead him into the door that just appeared. Instead of the piles of junk Draco and I had been living in the last two months, a small room with a huge bed was there. "Eva are you sure...we haven't-"

I put my finger against his lips. "I'm sure Fred. Are you?" He answers me with a kiss, closing the door and backing me up before throwing me onto the bed.