Chapter 63

Eva's POV

The meeting continued at random times and days because of Quidditch practices and in the end Hermione ended up giving us all fake Galleons to give us the meeting time. As the days went on I started to leave the dorm more and more. The feeling of joining the D.A. helped over bare the guilt inside me. Laurie still hasn't resurfaced since I saw her in Umbridge's office but by now I had almost given up.

As Luna (with giant lion hat), Kala and I headed to breakfast I'm suddenly pulled away by Fred. "Fred," I groan, "I was excited for bacon."

"Just eat the bacon over here. Now, I know Quidditch isn't your thing but I was hoping you'd come to the match today. Support your boyfriend." He flashes me his cute smile and I groan again. "Fine, but you better win."

"Oh we will love," he jumps up from the bench, "I better be off."

"Good luck!"

I find Luna and Kala and the three of us make our way down to the Quidditch pitch. Growing up in the Muggle world made me not into Quidditch as the rest of Hogwarts, so this would one of the few games I would actually attend. As we settle into our seats Fred winks at me and the game begins.

"And it's Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I can't believe I actually got her to go out with me-"

"JORDAN!" Professor McGonagall yells at Lee as he continues. He starts yelling out players names fast as they pass the Quaffle around.

"Do you hear that!" Kala yells over the roaring wind.

"That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King.
Weasley was born in a bin,
He always lets the Quaffle in-"

"They're trying to shake Ron's confidence!"

"It's working!" Kala yells back.

The song goes on the whole match as Ron desperately tries to block the Quaffle. Slytherin was up in points until Harry makes a diving catch and gets the Snitch. And then all hell breaks loose.

A Bludger hits Harry hard and Malfoy starts walking out to the Gryffindor team.

"I got to stop Draco," I yell to my best friends before running out of the stands and on to the field.

"-and everything, don't you?"

"Draco stop it!"

"Get out of here Black," he snarls, his normal kindness around me gone.

"No," I say walking up to him, "leave them alone. Now."

"What are you going to do?" his voice lowers. "Kill me too?" A loud smack rings across the arena as my hand flies into Draco's face. I move to pull out my wand but two people start to drag me back.

"Wha-let me go!"

Kala and Luna ignore me as Draco continues, now concentrated on the twins and Harry,"Bet your mother's house stank just like the Weasley's pigsty does-" Harry let go of George and the two were on top of Draco. Fred is held back by Angelina and two other players while Luna and Kala hold me back. Molly and Arthur had taken me in when no one else could and his words angered me as much as Harry, Fred and George. But so did his other words. Madam Hooch ends the fight and sends Harry and George off.

When Draco is dragged away Fred and I are finally let go. I move over to him, hoping to calm his fuming anger.

"You okay Freddie?"

"No. I should've had a go at that git. Insulting my family like that...nice slap though. What'd he say to make you slap him?"

"Er insulting your family. Can't let him go saying those things about the nicest family I know." I feel guilty as he listens to my lie. Lately everything I said to him was a lie.

"Banned for life! BANNED FOR LIFE!"

"Eva repeating for the hundredth time isn't going to change anything," George sighs as we make our way into the Room of Requirement.

"You've never liked Quidditch before and now you haven't stopped talking about my ban for weeks. I guess should've gotten banned sooner," Fred smirks but a scowl stays on my face.

"It's all Draco the horse shit eating twat's fault."

"Woah Ev there's children present," Fred tuts at me. "And I thought you and Malfoy were all family and harmony and rainbows."

"Obviously not," I say still annoyed.

The meeting doesn't last long, like always, but we work on stunning and shield spells which I can do well. Fred on the other hand can't. The amount of times he went flying across the room gave everyone a few good laughs.

"Were you just faking the awfulness or are you actually that bad," I laugh at Fred.

"You'll just have to find out later," Fred winks, "I'm going to stun you when you least expect it." As we walk down the corridor he starts tickling me and I let out loud laughs.

"F-fred...stop it!" As I try to run away, letting out loud and horrible sounding laughs, I notice a familiar blonde down the hall. "Fred...stop it-seriously." He stops as I drop my voice. "It's Laurie...I got to-"

"Go," he nods as I try to make my way down the corridor without alerting her I'm there. I don't want her running off again. I get closer and closer until she finally looks up from her mess of books she was trying to carry.

"Laurie!" I call but she's already taken off, leaving most of her books behind. Luckily for me the books slowed her down too much and I'm able to catch her almost right away. I grab her arm and pull her against the wall, trapping her.

"Get off me Eva," she says struggling to get out of my grip.

"No. Laurie you've been avoiding me since you got here and I get it. I was a horrible friend at the end of the year-"

"That's not-"

"Let me finish. I should've wrote to you and asked how you were and been there for you but I wasn't and I'm sorry." Laurie stops struggling but I still keep my grip tight.

"You think I blame you for being traumatized after watching Cedric die," I flinch at her words. "I can't look you or Kala or Luna in the face because of-because...I'm-you shouldn't be near me Eva. I'm trying to protect you."

"From what?" I loosen my grip a little bit and she takes the chance. Shoving me off Laurie starts to run but I grab her left arm and fling her back. As soon as I touch her arm, she rips it free and looks at me with horror in her eyes.

Before she can run away again I grab her arm again. This time she doesn't move. "I didn't want to..." she whispers as I pull the sleeve up. There burned into her skin was the same mark I had on my left arm.