Chapter 7

Eva's POV

"Go go, you're going to miss the train!" Molly yelled at me and Ginny who had fallen behind the rest of the Weasley's, Hermione and Harry.

The ride to Platform 9 and 3/4 was rather boring as I got stuck riding with Ron and Percy in the Ministry's cars. Ron complained about his weird rat the whole time while Percy didn't say a word.

"Thank you for everything!" I exclaim into shoulders as I hug her. "And tell Arthur-" the train whistle cuts me off as Molly pushes me off her and motions for me to go.

As much as I loved Hogwarts, the summer with the Weasley's had been one of the best time of my life.

After boarding the train right as it was about to leave, I started moving down the halls towards the Ravenclaw section. I had written Luna a few times over the summer but it would be nice to actually see her. A smile hit my face as I saw the blonde almost white hair of Luna in a compartment. But upon opening the door I saw she wasn't alone.

"Hello Eva," the honey toned voice of my best friend said but instead of happy like I knew it to be. It was low and angry.

"Laurie. Cedric," the Hufflepuff looked almost embarrassed to be there but I could care less about his presence. "I just need to talk to Luna before I head to my compartment."

"By yourself?" it took all my power not to move my face an inch.

"No with the Gryffindors. You can follow me back if you think I'm lying," I gave her my best smile as Luna stood up and followed me to the halls.

"I hate to see you two like," the younger girls dreamy voice said almost sadly.

"I know Luna. I'm sorry I just can't sit with you on the train with her there but I'll sit with you in the Great Hall."

"Don't worry." As I started to turn around she grabbed my arm. "I'll make sure to talk a lot about Narggles."

My smile mimicked hers as we parted ways. No matter what, when Luna was around she always found a way to make me happy. And I will love her forever for that.

I stopped first in the Girl's Lavatory to change into my robes then onto the Gryffindor section of the train. Hopefully I could find any Weasley that would let me sit with them.

It wasn't long before I found the twins and a few of their friends. Taking a deep breathe I opened the door to their compartment as everyone stopped talking.

"Ahh our little Eva," George smirked at while I gave him my immediate eye roll.

"Is it ok if I sit with you guys. I got kicked out of my compartment."

"Of course," a beautiful tall girl with black skin and shining black smiled at me scooting a little closer to Fred making room for me. "I'm Angelina. 5th year Gryffindor."

"Eva Jackson. 4th year Ravenclaw," I smile back at her while sitting down.

"I'm Lee," another boy sitting next to George winks at me. "But I'm sure you already knew that."

"Actually I do. You were the one commenting all the Quidditch games."

His smile grew twice the size as George face palmed. "So how do you know these two unfortunate souls, my new favorite person."

"She came and stayed-"

"I'm a family friend so I stayed with them for a little bit over the summer," I cut Fred off before he could say anything about my father.

As time goes on I got little more comfortable in the 5th years presences and Angelina started talking a lot about Quidditch.

"-but you HAVE to let me at least show you some moves. You never know-"

Angelina is cut off by the train coming to complete stop and I flew right into Lee. Everyone burst out laughing while I pealed myself off him and into my seat. With my cheeks bright pink I looked over to see Fred wasn't laughing at all. Why isn't he laughing.

But the laughter soon stopped and the compartment got dark and quiet. It felt like the joy was being sucked out of the air. Our silence was broken by a well known blonde running into the compartment and jumping into my arms. The sudden movement made me flinch but I try to play it off.

"Bloody hell Malfoy no need to be scared it's just a little dark." I earned a few dry chuckles from everyone else but my little joke wasn't enough to stop them from being on edge.

"Shut up Mudblood. Do you want them to come in here," his voice is full of terror, and very un-Malfoy like.

"Hey Malfoy don't talk to her like that," Fred practically yells at him while me and Angelina turned to him shocked. But no one said anything as the time passed and soon the train started to move again. Malfoy got up and left without a word, leaving us to our silence.

"What the bloody hell just happened?"