Chapter 68

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

"Have fun!" Kala calls, running away with her Quidditch gear.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I ask Luna.

"Oh I'm going. Hermione Granger asked me to meet her," Luna says cheerily.

"Hermione? I thought you two didn't get along well?"

"Maybe she wants to apologize," Luna shrugs grabbing her scarf. "Let's go."

We make our way to the carriages, joined by the twins and Lee moments later. "Hello Luna, Eva." Lee smiles.

"Hello Lee. Where's Angelina?" I ask while the five of us climb into a carriage.

"Quidditch," George replies for him glumly. "Needs to train Ginny and the new beaters."

"Kala will be happy to train with her sister," Luna says. The rest of us exchange looks.

"I know we're both just friends with a Johnson sister, but I think I speak for both of them when I say neither of them will be happy to share the pitch."

"Oh I was practicing my sarcasm, since I'm meeting with Hermione."

I let out a laugh. "You're definitely going to need it Lu." When we finally make it to Hogsmeade, we all go out separate ways.

"Fred," I let out a laugh, "are you taking me to Madam Puddifoot's?"

"What? Merlin no Ev, we're going to snog behind Madam Puddifoot's." He pulls me into the alleyway and pushes me against the wall. Our lips crash into each other, and I start to remember the forgotten feeling of kissing Fred Weasley. We keep going for a few more minutes until I break away for air.

"Er...as much as I enjoy that. We're not going to do that all day right, because I'm quite cold."

"Of course you're cold Ev, you're only wearing a jumper," Fred laughs. "Come on we'll go get some Butterbears and then continue when you're warm again." In the end we end up staying at the Three Broomsticks the whole time, betting on how drunk someone would get or how long until someone's date failed. As we make our way back into the castle, I find myself wishing Fred and I could stay in Hogsmeade forever.

"I hate that I never see you," I whisper into his shoulder on the ride back.

"I hate it too love. I also hate that I have to spend my last year here with Umbridge forcing us apart and making this place horrible."

We sit in a moment of silence before I whisper, "You know I love you Fred." My heart pounds into my ears as I wait for his answer.

"I love you too Ev." I burrow into his shoulder more, wishing this moment could last forever. Not knowing it be one of the few goods one to come for a while.

Monday morning came with the buzz of students talking about the Quibbler. Luna had already told Kala and I the night after Hogsmeade all about Harry's interview and now the whole school could read it. And hopefully realize the truth. Luna had asked me for an interview after doing Harry's, but I couldn't. I still couldn't talk about that night.

The three of us make our way to the Gryffindor table this morning to find the Golden Trio and the twins opening many letters. "Dad sent you a free copy. I'm guessing all these letter are from readers," Luna says sitting down.

Everyone starts to read out the letters, saying whether or not they believed Harry. While everyone is busy scanning the letters I catch Harry's attention. "Thank you." I mouth and he just nods. Like he had promised before, he wouldn't say a word about me. The tearing of letters continues for a bit until we are interrupted.

"What's going on here?" Professor Umbridge stands behind us. "Why have you got all these letters, Mister Potter?"

"Is it a crime to get mail?" Fred barks hotly. I slide my hand onto his arm to try and stop Fred from yelling anything else.

"I've given an interview and people have written to me." Harry and Umbridge stare at each other before she responds.

"An interview?"

"Yes. A reporter asked me questions and I answered them." He throws a copy of the Quibbler at her.

"When was this?" Her voice is dangerously high.

"Last weekend at Hogsmeade."

"You're banned from Hogsmeade Mister Potter. Fifty points from Gryffindor and a week of detention. Miss Black, twenty points from Ravenclaw for sitting at the wrong table."

"Wh-" but she leaves before I can even get words out. It wasn't a surprise when the Quibbler was banned later this afternoon. But that doesn't stop people from talking about it or finding ways to sneak the Quibbler in. For the next week, the interview is whispered about throughout the whole school and with it my name.

"Why hasn't Black spoke out about it?"

"Suppose she really is with You-Know-Who?"

"Like father like daughter?"

So like the beginning of the year, my dorm becomes my hiding place, until finally something new becomes the talk of the school. As I make my way back from the library, a loud scream echoes through the school. As quickly as I can, I run to the noise. A huge circle is formed around Professors Umbridge, Trelawney, and McGonagall. McGonagall hold Trelawney in her arms as she sobs.

"Not leave Hogwarts? Your authority for this is...?"

"Mine." Dumbledore appears behind oak doors, walking calmly to the scene.

Umbridge laughs in her fake girly voice. "I'm afraid you do not understand my position here. Under terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquistor has the power to place probation or sack any teacher."

Dumbledore's smile grows. "You are correct Professor Umbridge. You have the right to dismiss my teachers but you do not have the right to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster." Trelawney continues to sob. "Professor McGonagall, may you please escort Sybill upstairs."

The Transfiguration teacher slowly helps the sobbing Trelawney upstairs with Professor Flitwick helping with the trunks. As this happens Professor Dumbledore and Umbridge still bicker.

"You've found? Might I remind you that under Educational-"

"You have the right to to appoint a candidate if the headmaster is unable to find one. Luckily for you I already have." People start to part as the new teacher makes his way into the hall. A centaur with half horse half human and bright blonde hair walks in. "This is Firenze."