Chapter 15

Kala, Luna, and I arrive at Hogsmeade already tired.

"That was too much walking," I groaned as Luna giggled lightly. "Now you two will have to go on without me for a little while. I have to buy a birthday gift for someone who totally isn't here right now." I wink at Kala as to two separated from me.

I got lucky with the birthday excuse, but it wouldn't save me each time. Quickly I head towards the Shrieking Shack, hoping no one would see me.

I entered the old shack feeling a chill go through my spine. Every inch is covered in dust and claw marks decorate the walls. I jump as I heard footsteps near me and turn around to meet a familiar pair of grey eyes.

"Are you ready?" Sirius tells me every detail. About my mother who was a Muggle he met and fell in love with. How she died in childbirth and my uncle blamed Sirius. How he was what was called a Maurader, with James Potter, Professor Lupin and someone named Peter. Also how Lupin was my godfather and if he wasn't a werewolf(I don't think Sirius meant to tell me that) that I would have lived with him. And most importantly how he wasn't a mass murder. How Peter faked his death and made Sirius take all the blame. The whole time I barely talk, trying to process Sirius' life story.

Sirius smiled his nasty teeth which I had gotten used to and sighed, "It's getting late Eva you should go."

As he said that I realize it was nearly dark. "I've missed the carriages! I'm going to have to walk all the way to Hogwarts."

"I may know a short cut."

I smile at my ragged father at the entrance of a secret passage in the Shrieking Shack. "We'll meet again soon. And over Christmas break there will be less people so I can see you more." We hug, which I could was painfully awkward for both us, before I make my way into the passage.

The passage was long and dark, Sirius had neglected to mention where I would appear in the castle and I try to not think of all the walking.

Finally after what seemed like hours I reach the end and mutter "nox" to the wand I had lighten earlier . But before I could open the door, it swung open itself and revealed a familiar redhead.

"Fred bloody hell you scared me!"

"Hello love. You mind telling me why you are sneaking back into the castle at two in the morning?" His smirk creates butterflies in my stomach that I silently beg to leave.

"Nope. How'd you know where I was?"

"Never mind that." he pauses and looks at me expectingly. "Well at least come out of there before Filch comes this way." I hop out of the dusty passage and can't help but to groan in pain.

"I walked way too much today. I don't think- hey!" Before I could finish my sentence I was in Fred's arms, bridal style, once again. "What are you doing?"

"I think that's pretty obvious Ev."

"I didn't mean it like that, but whatever." I curl closer to Fred's chest, the warmth of the old jumper making me feel safe and tired. "Well if you're going to carry me I might as well take a nap."

Fred just let out a light snort as I start to feel even more drowsy. All the walking today real had made me exhausted.

Fred's POV

Eva had fallen asleep within seconds and it felt rude to wake her. So I decided to bring her up to the Gryffindor tower.

For being decently tall Eva wasn't that heavy so the trip was quick and luck was on my side because Filch or any teachers didn't appear on the way up.

The common room is empty, only occupied by the small fire. It felt rude to just leave her on the couch, so instead I turn towards the boys dormitory.

After climbing all the way to the 5th years dorms my arms were exhausted and had almost dropped the knocked out girl twice. With Lee, George and I being the only ones in this dorm we had an extra bed just perfect for Eva to sleep in. I lay her as gently as I can onto of the bed and hesitant over her. Impulsively, I plant a quick kiss on her forehead before moving to my own bed.