Chapter 66

*Unedited*
Dear Marie,
I think our date went well. I know you're with your family but let me know when you come back and we can... A big spot a ink covered half the paper making the rest unreadable.

Dear Sirius,
I'll be back in two weeks don't you worry. Also it's interesting how you send letters with owls, you must tell me how you trained yours they really are beautiful creatures.
Marie

Dear Sirius,
You can last two weeks without me, you have Remus, James, Lily and Peter and from what you've told me they sound amazing. One day you'll have to introduce me to them. Especially Remus, though hopefully it won't be awkward talking to your ex-boyfriend.
Marie

I reread the letter over and over. His ex-boyfriend. I scan through the rest of the letters until I find some from Remus.

Dear Padfoot,
I can't wait to be back at Hogwarts in a few weeks, I've missed you all very much. The last few moons have been dreadful with you. You don't know how much I miss you, or your body or your

I back away before I can read the rest. Quickly I throw a few ferrets near Buckbeak and go downstairs. The rest of the holidays I try to find a way to talk to Sirius or Remus, but it proves harder than I thought. Remus only comes around one more time and Sirius spends most his time with Buckbeak, upset that he'll be alone again soon. In the end, I never do get to talk to either of them.

On the last day at Grimmauld Place, conveniently also my birthday, is a disaster. Everyone is busy packing up their trunks and trying to eat breakfast before we leave for Hogwarts. Arthur, who came back a week ago, is wheeling around saying goodbye to each of his children while Molly fuses about time.

"Eva!" I turn to see Sirius slipping away from Harry towards me. "I feel horrible that this is how we have to spend your birthday. After all the ones I've missed..."

"Sirius, it's okay because you'll be here for the next ones," I say, "and after a while you'll realize you didn't miss much."

"Of course they were-"

"I'm sorry Sirius but the kids have to go," Molly interrupts giving me a big smile. "Happy birthday Eva, I'm sorry I don't have anything-"

"It's alright-"

"Sorry dear, but you have to go. Hurry, hurry!"

"Bye!" I yell out to Sirius as Molly hands me my bags and shoves me out the door with everyone else. Remus and Tonks(well Tonks disguised as an older woman) lead us out into the street and hail the Knight Bus.

"I ate those candies you got me and ended up bleeding my nose out," Tonks grumbles.

"Serves you right for what you got me," I laugh at her.

Tonks opens her mouth to say something but is interrupted by a very purple triple-decker bus. "Welcome to the-"

"We know, we know," Tonks stops the man. "Come on everybody." The nine of us stumble on and seperate, the twins, Remus, Ginny and I on the bottom floor and Tonks, Hermione, Ron and Harry up top.

"Get ready," Fred whispers in my ear.

"For wh-" with a bang the bus flies forward and we're flying through the streets. I try to speak again but the movement of the bus makes my stomach churn badly and I don't dare to open it, in case anything other than words come out. This of course sends the three Weasley's into fits of laughter until we finally arrive at Hogwarts. While everyone says their goodbyes, I spend my time throwing up my breakfast on the side of the road.

"You're going to have to get used to it if you want to apperate." I turn a little to see Fred standing beside me. From a distance Remus and Tonks wave goodbye before appearating away themselves.

"Luckily-cough-I don't have to worry about that for a while." I pull myself together and grab my trunk.

"Ev, you're seventeen now remember. Today's your birthday. Oh which reminds me," he reaches into his pocket and pulls out some candies. "To get you out of class. Sorry I couldn't get you more-"

"Their wonderful Fred." I move to kiss him but he backs up.

"Sorry love, but there's no way I'm kissing you after you just threw up your breakfast."

"That's fair....but what were you saying about appearation?"

"Oh yeah! Since you're of age now, you can take the appearating class this term."

"Great," I say sarcastically.

"If you quit your whining and go brush your teeth, I might give you a birthday kiss...or more," Fred winks at me.

"Gross," Ginny says scrunching up her face. "You know the rest of us are still here."

"Oh shut it Gin, you know if it was Michael you'd be fine with it."

"Who's Michael?" George and Fred say at the same time, causing Ginny to give me a death glare.

"Er... I'm just going to go..." I slowly slip out of the conversation as the twins keep questioning Ginny.