Chapter 54

Everything hurts. Just pure, agonizing pain burning through my body. I lay there, crumpled and weak, unable to move. I didn't look up as Harry is freed. I didn't look up as Voldemort challenges him to a duel. I didn't look up as they their spells collided. I did look when I heard his voice. Cedric's.

"Take my body back to my father." All around Harry is ghosts of the past. Then I notice Harry, his eyes staring right at mine, jerking his head towards Cedric's body. I didn't understand what he meant but I start to move towards his body anyways. I don't notice the sticks and rocks scrape against my skin and draw blood. I'm completely numb.

When I finally reach the Hufflepuff's body, Harry breaks the connection between him and Voldemort, causing the ghosts to attack him. The younger boy charged past Death Eaters and throws himself next to us.

"Accio!" Then we're gone.

The three of us arrive back at the start with music and cheering. But as everyone's celebrating I let out a half sob half cry. The Dark Mark is now burning in pain and my other hand is clutching it, hiding it from sight. Fleur is the first to notice somethings wrong. The first to scream. The chaos follows afterwards.

I try to look at the crowd for anyone but the tears in my eyes make it impossible to see. But suddenly someone is behind me, pulling my left arm sleeve down.

"Cover it. Cover it Eva."

"Draco?" I gasp. "He made me Draco. I didn't mean to. I-I-Harry." I wipe my eyes quickly and look around for the younger Gryffindor.

"Eva you need to-" I push Draco away and run towards the blob of black hair being pulled away by Moody.

"Harry! I need to help him!" I grab his arm and whisper so low I can't tell if the Slytherin can hear me. "I need you to promise you won't tell anybody. About me, the mark, my d-uncle. I didn't mean to," my voice raises in fear, "I didn't mean to! So you can't tell anyone. Promise. Promise. Promise me-"

"I promise."

And even with all our differences, our brief mutual liking that eventually turned to strangers, for all those years, he kept that promise.

And with the words I needed to say out, I finally let the pain through. The pain searing through my left arm, the pain of killing the man I thought was my father for years. He may have not been a good one, but was my father for a while. And worst of all the pain of the few seconds I enjoyed it. And with that I let myself fall to the floor and the world go black around me.

Draco's POV

It was three days later when she finally woke up. Well when she got woke up and stayed awake. Madam Pomfrey had allowed us to stay with Eva after I brought her to the hospital wing. Which her Weasel wasn't happy about but I had to make sure no one saw her arm. But when she woke up screaming the first time, Pomfrey kicked us all out and wouldn't let us back in.

Of course Potter was out in only one day with very little damage done to him. But Eva, when I saw her clutching her left arm like that, I knew too well what had happened. She was being forced down a path she didn't want, a path she shouldn't go down.

But when the third day finally came where she didn't wake up screaming Pomfrey finally let us in. Well, me and Potter first. She had requested to see us alone and I knew what was about to come.

Eva's POV

Harry and Draco walk in together awkwardly and come sit by my bed.

"How are you?" Draco asks hesitantly.

"I didn't ask you two in here for questions. That's for everyone else. I asked you here...because I need time." Confusion spread across both the boys faces and I sighed. "Time to deal with you know and I need both of you to swear you won't tell anyone. And I mean anyone."

"What about Dumbledore? He can-" Harry starts.

"No, I will tell who I want when I'm ready." They both look hesitant, but still both boys nod and Draco gets up to leave, Harry stays sitting.

"Feel better Black." He nods, disappearing like nothing had ever happened.

"I-I just wanted to let you know," Harry lowers his voice, "Sirius was here. He wanted to stay longer but Dumbledore refused. Tonks also wanted to stay but had things to deal with."

"Thank you Harry." He nods before getting up to leave. "And I'm sorry...about everything."

He just responds with, "I'll go get everybody."

As he pushes the door open a wave of redheads, plus Luna, Kala, and Ivan come through the door.

"Oh Eva! I'm so glad your okay!" Molly cries before doing her best to hug me, while I do my best not shrink away at the touch.

Each person hugs me and says they're here for me, or glad I'm fine or so on. Finally George is last.

"You okay Eva?"

"Yeah." He raises his eyebrow.

"I will be. Eventually." I pause and look around trying not to seem upset. "Where's uh-"

"Your favorite person of all time?" Fred pops up behind George with a big smile.

"Fred!" He pushes George aside quite roughly and pulls me into a hug, the only person I willingly let touch me. Something about his presents and warmth made me feel safe. It made me feel okay to cry. I pull him closer and let out a loud sob into his chest.

"Let it out love. Let it out," he murmurs as I sob harder into his chest. And we just stay like that for a while.

For the rest of the school year I spend it in the infirmary. I had no desire to face the rest of the school and just spent sometime helping Madam Pomfrey. Surprisingly she had no problem with it. She even let me stay during the End of the Year Feast. She knew I didn't want reminders of that day, what she didn't know that I already had one tattooed on me. One I could never erase.

It was finally time to head home, or for me the Burrow. Normally the thought of the warm, comfortable home made me happy but every Weasley, expect the twins, would be looking upon me with sadness. I decide to sit with Luna and Kala on the way home, with hopes they wouldn't bring it up. By now they both knew not to talk to me about anything Triwizard Tournament related.

"Eva," Luna says softly shaking me out of my thoughts, "you should join Kala and come visit father and I this summer."

"That would be nice." Is all I say.

"Your always welcome at my house as well," Kala adds.

I just repeat. "That would be nice." Before turning back to the window. And so that's how the train ride went, me staring out the window, and my two best friends trying to include me in conversations.

As the train comes rolling into Platform 9 and 3/4 I grab my trunk immediately. I'm hoping Bill is there to apparate me back to the Burrow right away. I say my goodbyes to my best friends, ignoring their worried looks, and move out onto the platform quickly. I find Molly and Bill right away but next to them stands another familiar face.

"You ready Eva?" Tonks says.

"I'm spending the summer with you?" I gasp surprised.

"Say goodbyes to whichever twin is your boyfriend-"

"I called it!" Bill whoops, grinning madly.

"That'll be me, Bill," Fred smirks before leaning down and giving me a quick kiss. "Come visit."

"I will." But I didn't.