Chapter 82

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

The cabinet starts to shake violently and I brace myself. It continues for a few more seconds, before suddenly stopping. "Hello?" I call out. "Maybe I'm in hell."

The door flies open. "Not yet." Bellatrix stands there with an ugly, hairy man and a witch and wizard who looked almost the same.

"Don't tempt me. Hell's looking better and better each day." They all let out cackling laughter that makes my ears want to bleed.

"I never saw the similarities between you and Sirius before, but now I can."

"I'd rather be like him than any of the other crazy Blacks," I snap back.

"Hate to break it to you darling, but Sirius was just as crazy as the rest of us. Possibly even more." Our grey eyes meet challengingly, waiting for the other to snap.

"Are we going to stand around and talk all day?" the tall almost wolf like man snaps, breaking both our concentration.

"Don't be stupid Greyback," the skinny, small witch snarls, "it's too early in the day to attack."

"I'm not stupid Alecto, I could-"

"Shut up! Both of you!" Bellatrix bellows quieting both of them. "Get back in the wardrobe and wait for us to arrive."

"First of all it's a cabinet. Second of all...what's the magic word?" A smirk grows on my face as her mouth curves into a snarl.

"Cruc-" I silently cast the disarming spell, sending her wand flying into my hand.

I tsk at the angry witch. "That's not it. Come on Bella, you know it...just one little word."

"GET HER!" Bellatrix screams towards the three Death Eaters behind her, but they all just stand there laughing at her. "Give me my wand you filthy half-blood, good for nothing, piece of-"

"Bella, darling. Unless you want your wand snapped, you have to say the magic word." Her scowls deepens and I grab both sides of her wand, preparing to snap it.

"Wait! Stop!" I raise my eyebrow at her. "Please."

"That's all I needed." I back up to the cabinet and open the door. Quickly, I throw her wand and get in the cabinet, slamming the door closed before Bellatrix could kill me on the spot. The cabinet shakes violently again for a few moments before stopping. Upon opening the cabinet I find a very distraught Draco.

"Bloody hell-I thought you were dead!"

"Oh calm down. I was just having a chat with your dear auntie." He snarls in a way very similar to Bellatrix. "We've been instructed to wait a few hours for them to come through."

"Well what are we supposed to do until then!" I feel my face fall upon the realization of what was going to happen.

"I know what I'm going to do."

It takes me almost the four hours of time given to us, and many, many pieces of crumpled up parchment to finally finish them all up. "Are you all finished with them?" Draco asks carrying a weird looking hand.

"Yes. By this time tomorrow all the letters will be delivered." I pet the owl I had gone to fetch earlier and hand her the stack of letters. "Wait until tomorrow to deliver them." The owl hoots in reply and flies out the open window. "What was all that noise earlier and what is that thing you're holding?"

"Professor Trelawney came in, but I got rid of her. And this thing is my Hand of Glory, it'll help us blind our opponents." My stomach drops at the words opponents. "Take some Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder and grab that map you always use." The cabinet starts shaking violently like it was when I had been in it. "They're coming."

I open the map and mutter the spell, then shove the powder into my pockets before drawing my wand. The door swings open. "Draco." Bellatrix says cooley, ignoring my presence. The twins and Greyback from earlier step out as well, and multiple other Death Eaters I had never met join them. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

"I've got my hand ready. Are there any people outside the room Eva?" I glance down at my map.

"Neville Longbottom, and Ginny and Ron Weasley." I feel my throat go dry. "I'll use my powder to blind them." Bellatrix just nods and we make our to the door.

"Hey look the door-bloody hell!" I recognize the voice of Ron and beckon the Death Eaters while Draco hold his weird hand. "Lumos! Incendio! LUMOS!" The three of them continue to shout spells to try and see through the darkness, but they are unsuccessful and soon as we run down the hall their voices drift away. We make our at full speed towards the Astronomy tower.

"Go set the mark Gibbon!" the witch named Alecto yells at the other Death Eater. The older Death Eater ran up the stairs and that's when I heard it. The sound of multiple footsteps running at full speed towards us. Then all hell breaks loose. Besides, Ginny, Neville, and Ron many other Order members were there as well. Spells are being fired everywhere and no one seemed to recognize me yet. Draco and I quickly disappear from the battle and make our way to find Dumbledore. I could feel both our hearts pounding, but neither of us say a word.

We make our way to the staircase, as I'm lost in thought. I wanted to run. To run far away and never come back. Somewhere would Bellatrix or Voldemort would ever find me and I was about to. I could a clear break for the staircase, no one would know. But the sound of all too familiar voice stops me cold in my tracks.

The brother of the skinny witch faces Tonks. "Avada-"

"STUPEFY!" I step out of shadows and send him flying across the room.

"Eva!" Tonks yells in happiness. I make a break for it. My legs start to move on my own as I run towards the other side of the battle. But a cold, bony hand wrapped around my neck stops me.

"Where do you think you're going darling," Bellatrix mock the words I used earlier. Her hand around the back of my neck tightens and her long nails dig into my skin. "You have helped a lot half-blood, so I'll give you a fair deal." Tonks starts throwing spells at Bellatrix but she easily blocks them while still gripping onto me. "Let me kill my sisters nasty half-blood daughter and I'll let you rejoin all your friends. It's all I ask."

"No."

"Then you're with us. Got it," she digs her nails into my skin more drawing blood.

"G-got it." She let's go of me and I hover besides her.

"Eva?" Tonks calls looking confused. "What are you doing get over here!"

"I'm sorry!" I call to her over the spells. Both our grey eyes meet, both reflecting pain and sadness. Through all the fighting our concentration holds, until someone grabs the sleeve of my robe.

It's Draco, who lets Bellatrix fly spells at her niece while we make our way to Dumbledore. I run up the stairs with Draco, trying not to think of what would happen to after everything . I was so lost in thought I didn't stop until Draco put his arm in front of me, stopping me from running straight into Dumbledore.

"Mister Malfoy. Miss Black," Dumbledore says evenly, turning around. "I know what you're here for."

"You-you do?" Draco stutters, his wand pointing at Dumbledore's heart. He hesitates, "I have to." Draco just continues to tremble and it hits me. He can't do it. He can't do it, and if he can't do it then they would all suffer. Fred, Remus, Tonks, Kala, Luna. They would all suffer.

"I'm sorry...Avada Kedavra!" As I say the last word an arm shoves my wand to the side, making the spell hit the wall.

"Avada Kedavra!" Snape says quietly, looking into Dumbledore's eyes as he does. He hesitates a second before looking at both of us. "Run! RUN! And don't look back!"

I don't hesitate. I take off straight to the Forbidden Forest, not looking at the faces I cast spells at as I nearly fly through the castle. Draco, surprisingly, was a couple of paces behind me the whole time. I could hear a familiar voice, that sounded closely like Harry's but I don't turn around to check. I reach the edge of the forest and wait for Draco. As soon as he stops beside me panting, I grab his hand.

"Wh-" But I don't let him finish as I apparate out of the battle.