Chapter 16

As I slightly wake up I feel the warm sunlight on me and hear voices. But they weren't the normal soft and quieter voices of Kala and Luna. I open my eyes to see dark chocolate colored eyes staring into mine.

"What the- Bloody hell Lee what are you doing?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Lee gave me the almost exact replica of the twins smirk.

"I was coming back to the castle and then...I fell asleep didn't I?" I feel the blush creeping up onto my cheeks and look away from the three older boys.

"Yes you did Ev. You're lucky we had an extra bed or I would of dumped you on the common room couch," Fred grins down at me in his Quidditch robes. Luckily I already had blush on my face from embarrassment, so no one could think anything of the blush still plastered on. "Now, sorry to do this love but we got a quidditch match against Hufflepuff and unless you fancy coming to watch, you're going to have to leave."

I certainly knew that if I came to the match, the only I would be watching was Fred Weasley flying around the pitch."Wow kicking me out this early? And no I'm not going to watch, haven't been to game yet this year and I'm not going to start now."

None of them tried to argue with me as I denied their request and made my way down the boys stairs, running right into Harry and Angelina.

"Eva? Why are you coming out of the 5th year boys dormitory?" Angelina sounded slightly mad while Harry didn't even look alive.

"Just wishing the twins good luck. And good luck to both of you two," Angelina just nodded and made her way to the portrait while Harry stood there almost half asleep.

"Harry. Harry!" His eyes flipped open in panic. "It ok it's just me. Good luck at your match."

He calmed down a little and muttered his thanks while I got out of the common room before more people arrived. While most students were making their way out to the Quidditch pitch, my feet found themselves walking to the direction of a certain teachers office.

Surprisingly the door was wide open and Professor Lupin sat at his desk with a textbook wide open, looking tired and ragged from the recent full moon. Even though it wasn't all his fault I felt a little mad that Lupin had never come and taken me from my uncle.

"Ahh Miss Jackson please come in. What can I help you with?"

"Well Professor I have a question," he nods for me to continue. "What would you tell someone who just found out that their godfather didn't try to contact them at all. Then, suddenly he shows up as her teacher." His face pales.

"Eva-"

I continue, ignoring his paled and worried face. "And what would you say if you were this person's godfather, and why they stayed away all this time and didn't take them in."

"I would say that she has every right to be mad at her godfather. He may have had obstacles to keep him from taking her in, but it was no excuse to stay away from her all together." He smiles lightly, the scars on his face making me feel bad about the confrontation. "How did you find out?"

"Sirius Black...." I pause, would Lupin turn to the authorities if I told him the truth. "he sent me a letter. He said he is my father, you're my godfather and along with some other things. I wanted to see how you would react to determine if it was true." The lie rolls off my tongue too easily.

"Sirius. Eva you need to be careful he would have hurt you-"

"I'm his daughter-"

"He's a murderer-"

"He's innocent! I believe that. It was just a letter, and I didn't come here to fight. I-I was kind of hoping we could talk."

I ignore how he cringes at my first words. "Of course. I would love to get to know you more, but I'm er...been sick and need to catch up on my lessons. How about in a few days?"

"Okay," we both smile at each other and start to leave. "Bye Professor or er..."

"Remus," he says laughing a little.

"Bye Remus." I can't keep the huge smile off my face. Though I feel bad about lying to Remus, it felt nice to finally have not one, but two good parental figures.

I practically skip my way to the Great Hall feeling starved, but as I was about to enter my grin drops as I run into my two angry looking dormmates. Well Luna had a more scared look than angry.

"Oh hell."