Chapter 91

*Unedited*
Eva's POV

But it was a few days later, and we still hadn't fully talked about it. Fred- who did want to leave the Shell Cottage- still hated the idea of going back to my childhood home, and would shut the idea down each time. He even still continued to shut the idea of visiting Remus and Tonks down, though Fleur said that I wouldn't need anymore potions anymore.

As we all said goodbye to the first member leaving the cottage, Mister Ollivander, someone banged loudly on the door. We all take out our wands, prepared to fight whoever was there. "Who's there?" Bill called out.

"It's Remus John Lupin, a werewolf, married to Nymphadora Tonks, and was given the address of Shell Cottage by Bill Weasley!" Bill murmurs in surprise, and wrenches the door open.

Remus, who looked older than I had ever seen him, flies in. "It's a boy! His name is Ted, after Dora's father!" Gasps and cries of excitement sweep through everyone.

"A kid, huh," Fred whispers into my ear as Remus moves towards Harry. "Maybe we should have one of those one day." My heart skips a beat, and I try to stay focused on Remus asking Harry to be the godfather.

"I don't know if the world would be able to handle the grandson of Sirius Black and the son of Fred Weasley," I whisper back. "But don't worry, we have all the time in the world."

As everyone grabbed glasses of wine for a toast, Remus' eyes met mine and he did a double take. "Eva!" In one swooping moment, Remus was wrapped around me. "I thought you were gone too," he says so only I can hear him.

"I'm sorry, Remus," I whisper, trying not to cry. "But you and Tonks are going to make great parents, I know you are."

"I want you to be the godmother." I pull away from Remus shocked.

"W-what? Remus are you sure...I've done some terrible things-"

"Of course, I do. Merlin, you're more like Sirius than you know." He grabs his wine glass and lifts it up. "To Teddy Remus Lupin!"

"To Teddy!" Everyone cheers and drinks. Fleur and Hermione ask about Teddy while I go over to Harry.

"I can't believe he chose teenage godparents."

"Our parents were around our age when they became godparents and parents," he says looking fondly at Remus and his ecstatic smile.

"True. Harry...we haven't been the closest, but good luck." The shorter Gryffindor turned his fond look to me.

"Thank you, Eva. Truly."

"-I really must be going!" Remus calls to the others. As he was about to slip out the door, and I run after the werewolf.

"Wait, Remus! C-can I see her? It's been so long-"

"Of course!" Remus yells over the ocean winds. "I'm assuming Mister Weasley is coming with as well?" Fred- who had followed me out- nods. "Come on, take my hands." We each took one side, and suddenly the twisting, gut-wrenching feeling of apparation hit us.

We arrive at the front door of a very small, but cozy looking house. Remus throws the front door open without question and glides into the living room. "Andy! Dora! I'm back, and I've brought some friends!" Fred and I hesitantly follow the new father into the house, and to the living room. On the couch- propped up by a bunch of pillows- is Tonks with her hair a bright purple, and tired looking eyes. In her hands in the tiniest looking baby with red hair. In a flash, the hair morphs into a brown color.

"Is this?" I didn't notice the older woman earlier, but the familiar features burn into my mind.

"Get back!" My wand is out and pointing at her. Her hair is a bit more tame than normal, and the crazied look in her eye is gone, but it's doubt that she was Bellatrix Lestrange. "Remus it's her, it's Bellatrix-"

"Eva!" Fred grabs me, and forces my wand down while I struggle.

"Fred, stop it! It's her, it's-"

"Eva. Ev, calm down. Love, that's Andromeda. Tonks' mum." Andromeda, Remus, and Tonks stare at me dumbfounded.

"I-I...I'm sorry," quickly I rip out of Fred's grip, and leave the house. I ignore the sound of Remus telling Fred to leave me, and curl up on a bench right against the house. My breath is heavy and suffocating. Flashes of Bellatrix looming over me while I scream out in pain swirl through my head, and I try to focus on the large willow tree in front of me.

"Breathe, Eva. Breathe." Now it was Luna's voice filling my head. The same voice she used every time I woke up screaming or hyperventilating, in Malfoy Manor.

"One.....two.....t-three," I count out to twenty-three before my breathing finally returns. I lean back on the bench, letting the warm wind blow my tears off my face. Tonks' view from her house was beautiful, and openness made me feel free. Not caged up, like in Shell Cottage.

"Eva?" Tonks slipped out her front door, and next to me.

"Tonks, go lay down. You just had a baby," I turn away and wipe my tears before she can see.

"That was hours ago." She pauses, searching my eyes. "Can I hug you?"

"Your asking me if you can hug me? You just had a baby!" A low laugh escapes me lips and Tonks now blue eyes sparkle.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She squeezes me tight, even with her fragile condition.

"I missed you too, Nymphadora," I tease.

"I'm going to let that go. Just this once though." She sighs tiredly, and lays her head on my shoulder. "I wish you were at the wedding. It was small....but I wanted my little sister there."

"Merlin, don't make me cry, Tonks."

"I'm glad your the godmother. I know you'll be perfect."

"Are you sure you want me? I-I'm a Death Eater." Tonks pulls herself up, then rolls up my sleeve.

"Just because you have a tattoo, that was forced upon you, doesn't mean you support them. And....Eva your tattoo...how is your arm not burning?" I look down to see the slithering tattoo. It meant Voldemort was calling his followers, but I couldn't feel it. Come to think about it, I hadn't felt the mark burn since I arrived at Malfoy Manor. I take the skin of my left arm and pinch it as hard as I can. Nothing. I couldn't feel anything.

"Fleur gave me some potion to numb my arm," I lie quickly, stilling looking down at my arm.

"Oh," Tonks say not sounding very convinced. "Well, you and Fred are staying for a few days right?"

"I don't-"

"Mum and Remus won't carry if you two stay. It'll be nice for us to catch up, it's been too long." Her blue eyes turn a light grey and her lip sticks out a little.

"Fine! Now, let's get you inside." As we walked back into the house, I can't keep my mind off the twisting mark that was supposed to be burning.