sequel: chapter thirty-eight

"Here Julie, take this down to the marketing team and tell them it's good enough to be finalized

"Here Julie, take this down to the marketing team and tell them it's good enough to be finalized." I handed her the folder. She nods before turning on her heel to walk out.

"Wait Julie," I said remembering something. "I approve of your two-week vacation."

"B-but I didn't submit the request form yet." She stutters.

"I can see the hesitation from a mile away Jules, I don't mind you taking a break. Everyone needs them once in a while. You deserve it, babe."

"I don't know Brynn I--" She says nervously.

"If you don't take two weeks off I'll fire you right here, right now," I said sternly and her eyes widen.

"Fine, yes ma'am. I'll see you in two weeks after today."

"Good." I smiled proudly. I love being the boss.

I don't necessarily think I'm a mean boss, I mean I can be once in a while to those who don't bother to do their jobs. To those who struggle, I just offer more assistance whether that was from me or another co-worker. I make sure my work community is strong, healthy, and comfortable for everyone.

I can't stand negative energy.

"Brynn, Lukas is down here." My secretary on the first-floor calls.

"What does he need?" I asked back trying to remember if he requested a meeting or something.

"He has ideas for the next collaboration line."

Collab? I don't want to collaborate with the devil's spawn although it could possibly bring in more male consumers.

Nah, I'll do that on my own.

"Uhhh he took a visitor's pass and went to the elevators." She says nervously. "I'm sorry, we tried to stop him."

"You're good, I'll deal with it." I rolled my eyes.

I flattened out my skirt and buttoned up all of the buttons on my shirt. He's a pervert so he'll try to sneak a peek at anything.

He strolls past my room and then walks backward and turns to smile at me. He enters and then closes the door.

"How can I help you, Lukas?" I asked looking at his face because everybody knows if you looked further down, you'd see a small print coming from his pants.

I have a man, so I shall not look down there even if there was really nothing there.

"Can I not come to give you a visit?" He asks, smirking as he walks around the desk.

12:38 pm.

"No, I don't even like you." I spit turning back to do my paperwork. He grips the back of the chair and turns it around so I'm facing him.

I stood up, pushing the chair back not liking how his front was way too close to my face. What if I just snipped it off? Like just the raisins?

How much would it bleed? Do you think he'll get surgery to replace the missing raisins?

"I've been thinking about you for the past couple of days, even with all the girls I've bed. Nobody seems to get you out of my mind." He tries to touch my face but I slapped his hand away.

12:40 pm.

"That sounds like a personal problem. Go find someone else who can fix it." I pushed him back as he continuously walked closer to me.

"Actually you can help me with my problem. One night Brynnley, that's all I need."

I laughed, "I have a man and even if I didn't I still wouldn't sleep with a desperate boy. You're just simply not my type."

He scoffs, "Oh but Jason or whatever his name is? He's not even all that."

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I'm dating him, not you."

"How are you attracted to someone like him? Leaving you for years and magically coming back into your life when he felt like it." He snaps and I clenched my fist.

"It wasn't his choice to leave, not that it is any of your damn business. He loves me and I love him. You will never ever satisfy me as he will even if you tried your hardest." I said, making his facial expression hardened. "No matter how many times you come into my office to beg, I will never give in. I'm loyal, something that you obviously don't understand because of how small your brain is."

Lukas had a weakness, if you came for his ego he'd get angry and probably go cry to his mommy.

He also can't stand rejection. I'd know he used to come every day for three months straight to ask me to fuck him. Notice how I said fuck him and not the other way around.

"Shut up bitch!"

"Your ego is deflating isn't it?" I smiled. He raises his hand to hit me but before it was able to make contact, someone grabs his arm.

12:45pm. My lunchtime with Jax and Dylan today.

"Try to lay a hand on my girl again and I will rearrange your face with my fist. " Jax spits clenching his jaw.

I crossed my legs, suddenly feeling hot down there.

Suddenly my ass, I'm always like this around him.

"I'd help him," Dylan says from behind holding a bag of food.

Ou, wait Italian food.

Jax grabs him by the collar of his shirt and pins him against the glass window.

Thank god that window was double duty, I don't want Jax to fall out if it broke. Lukas sure, I don't care but Jax is a big fat no.

I'd probably throw myself out too.

"Get your toy off me Brynnley." Lukas spits angrily struggling to get out of Jax's grip.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're a bitch and your whole fam--"

Before he could say anything else Jax threw a hard punch at his jaw. "Talk about our family again I dare you." Jax snaps to a Lukas below him. Lukas was holding onto his jaw, tears filling the brim of his eyes.

"Get up," Dylan says kicking Lukas' elbow making him fall again.

I internally laughed but wrapped my arm around Jax.

"Leave Lukas, and be ready to see a restraining order filed against you. Something that I should've done a while ago." I told him as he tried to get up but Dylan being Dylan he kicked his hand making him fall all over again.

"Rot in hell." Lukas spits finally being able to get up.

"See you there then." Dylan puts up his middle finger, not just one but both.

Jax turns over to me. "You should've called security on him."

"You were on your way over, so why not let you throw him around." I shrugged smiling up at him.

"Getting to punch that asshole did make me feel better." He wraps his arm around my body, leaning down to kiss me on the lips.

"Ughhh I came here to eat not watch you two horny demon rabbits go at it." Dylan groans setting down the food.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: june 4th, 2021

My bad y'all, I almost forgot to update today but it's better late then never right?

I hope you guys have an amazing day/ weekend, please remember to stay safe and love yourself. I love you, MUAH!