sequel: chapter ten

"Brynn c'mon let's go for a walk

"Brynn c'mon let's go for a walk. You've been in this office overworking yourself for weeks now. You should take a break." Dylan pleads.

"No. I need to stay focused."

"On what? You're like three thousand years ahead on everything. Take a walk with me please." He begs. "C'mon please, I took a day off just for us to talk and you know I never do that."

"Fine," I grumbled.

We left the office and walked to the park that was nearby.

"How have you been?" He asks after a long long moment of silence.

"Eh." I shrugged.

"C'mon. What's going on up in that huge ass head of yours?"

"It's not that big." I slapped his arm. "I'm not just lost I guess."

"Explain it to me."

"I'm not even sure how to explain it."

"We have all day. Say what you gotta say and I'll try my best to understand." He gives me a reassuring smile. We sit down on a bench staring out to the pond.

"I'm just feeling a bunch of emotions all at once and it's overwhelming. I'm just upset that he wanted to move on like I understand that to him it felt like an eternity in there but it just hurt to hear him say that he wanted to move on from us."

"It hurts to think he found another girl to be with. Thinking about him with another person just made me upset. Seeing Ellerie made it worst. She was gorgeous. Beautiful straight hair, a beautiful figure—" She flicks my forehead, cutting me off.

"I'm gonna stop you right there. Do not try to compare yourself to another female? Do you understand me? You are beautiful just the way you are. You can catch any guy's attention when you walk by. Not mines though, you're like a roach to me." He smiles before looking serious again. "But seriously don't do that."

I muffled a laugh and shook my head. "Fine. I'm just stuck on his words. When he told me he wanted to move on. And then when he first came back and told me he didn't do anything with anyone else. That made me happy but it was just a lie. He lied to me and I just don't know what I want to do anymore."

"What's the first thing he did when he got out?"

"Go see his mom."

"And then?"

"He came to my house."

"What does that say?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"He may have wanted to move on because he knew you were happy since Ray was feeding him false information but he came back to see you regardless. He still wanted to hold you and he still wanted to see Journey. He still wants you." Dylan tells me. "Journey told me that he pushed that girl away."