chapter twenty-five

Kylie dragged me onto the dance floor and we've been dancing for the last hour

"UHUM, attention students of Justice High! It's now time to announce the homecoming king and queen."

I've seen Jax a couple of times tonight. He stayed at his table with his friends chatting about whatever it is that they talk about. He's been glancing at me here and there.

"For homecoming king, the winner is Jax Monroe!" Everyone claps and he goes up to get the crown.

"We're gonna need a drumroll for this." She pints to our drummer and he does his thing. "For homecoming queen the winner is..." She paused and grinned. "Brynn Knightly!"

Kylie pulls me into a hug. "I'll go take the pictures of Paris' face." She says before pushing me onto the stage. I went to get the crown.

"Congratulations," Kyla says and I smiled at her.

"Thanks, auntie."

"Now it's time for the King and Queen to share a dance with each other." She says and I looked at Jax. "Just let me know when you guys are ready."

"Don't you have a date that would like to dance with you?" I asked him.

"No. I came here with no date."

"Oh." I stand there awkwardly.

"Listen if you don't want to dance with me then it's fine."

"Okay," I said and he looks taken back. Was I not supposed to say that?

"I'm sorry." He says before I could turn around to walk away.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I shouldn't have kicked you out and I shouldn't have pushed you away. I've got a rough past."

"You don't have to tell me anything here. Aren't you afraid of what they'll think?" I told him.

"No, because I learned that in 10 years my reputation wouldn't matter." He smiles.

That's what I said a few days ago to Paris.

"Hold on." He tells me. He goes up on stage.

"Can I get your attention!" He says through the microphone. "I have something to tell you guys."

"Remember Journey, "my sister"." He says emphasizing the word sister. Everyone nods and starts mumbling things. "She's my daughter." Everyone gasps. "Yup now go ahead and talk your shit. I don't care."

He puts the microphone down and walks back next to me.

"Once again I'm sorry."

"You don't really have anything to be sorry for." I smiled softly.

"Now can I have this dance?"

"Sure." I looked towards Kyla and she nods.

She plays Perfect by Ed Sheeran. He puts his hands on my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer and we danced to this song which by the way was beautiful. Once the song was over he grabbed my hand and took me over to the corner.

"We're friends again right?" He asks me softly.

"No," I said with a blank face and his reaction was priceless. He looked shocked.

"B-but-"

"I was kidding." I hugged him and he hugs me tighter.

"Good. I've missed you. I mean it's been less than a week but I couldn't stop thinking about you. I barely saw you which made it worst."

"I was avoiding you because I was a little hurt."

"I didn't mean to."

"I know. It's okay. It's all in the past now." I kissed his cheek.

"Cmon guys! Group picture!" Kian pulls us both to the photo booth. I stand next to Kylie and Jax stands next to me with our hands intertwined.

We took a couple of serious ones, funny ones, and many more.

The rest of the night we danced and ate. Well mostly ate because we are growing teenagers.

We had to stop Kian from eating all the cupcakes.

Once the night was over I got dropped off at home and went straight to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: september 6th, 2020

heyyy so I decided to post an extra chapter because y'all are amazing and you deserve it!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3