chapter twenty-two

Thursday was just an awful day

Thursday was just an awful day. I felt so sick I could even get up to go to school. After I left Jax's house I went out into a field and just sat there thinking.

It started raining and I just still sat there getting wet. By the time I went home, it was midnight and I was soaking wet but no one noticed I got home so late which is a good thing.

I couldn't sleep at all that night and when I went downstairs Levi told me to just go back to bed and so I did.

Today was the pep rally and the state's game for football. Volleyball season was already done and I'm kinda glad.

I walked into the school and straight to my lockers. I grabbed whatever I needed and before I could shut my own locker someone did it for me.

"Hey pumpkin, I heard Rex and you weren't getting along anymore," Paris smirks at me.

"Okay and?" I asked with an attitude.

"Maybe I might take him for a ride? Maybe my new best friend."

"Okay, have fun." I faked a smile and tried to walk away but she blocked me.

By now everyone was watching.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spit back. She looks taken back because I always handle these little brats in a calming way.

Today is not gonna be that day.

"I wanna make your life miserable." She spits back.

"Okay? Good luck I guess." I rolled my eyes and looked =over her shoulder to see Jax and his friends watching us. He has a hint of guilt in his eyes but I just brush that off.

"Is the little princess losing her temper?" Paris continues to piss me off.

I dropped my bags and pinned her against the locker.

"Listen Paris you're really testing my patience. I would break your face but I'm not getting suspended for breaking your fucking face because guess what? I have a future. I'm going to college while you, you're going to rot in hell because all you care about is beating other people down with your fishy mouth and your so-called reputation. Guess what darling? In ten years your reputation wouldn't mean a damn thing." I spit back. I let her go and she looks stunned.

"And if you have something else to say to me, I suggest you to keep it to yourself because I don't give a flying fuck." I grabbed my bag and walked away from the crowd.

"Nice." Kian high fives me and I just give him a small smile before walking away.

I feel eyes on me but like I said I don't care.

The rest of the day went by quickly and now I'm out on the field helping Kylie stretch for the pep rally.

"So you pinned her against the locker?" She gasps.

"Yes. It was that or I actually break her nose but you know I can't get suspended."

"You can, you just choose to have a perfect record." She tells me and I nod agreeing with her.

"Hey girls." Dylan walks up to us.

"Hey." We both mumbled.

"Are you coming to the pep rally?" He asks me.

"I kinda have to," I told him.

"Oh right! You're on the cheer team."

"Yup." He looks at me and then looks at Kylie.

"I'll leave you two." She walks away.

"What?" I grumbled.

"Don't give me an attitude, I'm only here to check up on you." He rolls his eyes.

"For what?"

"For Jax."

"Why? He doesn't care about me."

"Trust me. He does more than you'll ever realize. He's just a little fucked in the head."

I laughed a little, "Yeah, whatever." 

"You don't seem to look broken either but I know you are." Dylan gives me a look.

"How?"

"I analyze and observe every move you make ever since we became friends I guess. You smile and laugh so you could hide the hurt from everyone around you." Wow, he's good. "Thanks."

"Oh, I said that out loud?"

"Well, you kinda mumbled it." His facial expression turns soft. "Listen I know what Jax did. He only did it because of his past. If you knew more about his past then you'd understand why he is the way he is."

"Does he really think I would hurt him like that?" I asked and he shrugs his shoulder.

"Only he can answer that. Just know Kian and I don't think so. We actually like you."

"Okay I was expecting Kian but you to admit that?"

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes but smiles. "Alright go do your thang." He puts out his fist and I bump it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: august 19th, 2020

We hit over 100k reads yall woot woot LMFAO. Thank you so much for over 100k reads. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you who continues to read my book. I love you so so much!!

Ou ou lets talk about stuff in the comments bc I love talking to y'all and replying to comments. I have no friends so it literally makes me day. We can talk about self love, skincare, body care. Anything. You need advice? Ask me and I'll try my best to give you the best advice I could come up with.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed! MUAH