sequel: chapter sixteen

"Dylan, I'm pretty sure we were supposed to turn right three intersections ago

"Dylan, I'm pretty sure we were supposed to turn right three intersections ago."

"Shush I know a shortcut."

"Dude we could've been there like five minutes ago."

"Would you shut up? You talk too much." He groans making me shut up.

I do not talk a lot.

Maybe I do.

"Ah, we have arrived." Dylan smiles.

"A lake? Why are we at a lake?"

"Didn't I just tell you, you talk too much." He says getting out of the car.

I forgot how much of an attitude he has.

I got out of the car and he locked it. "Walk with me."

"Don't you have a girlfriend that you can take on walks?" I asked walking beside him putting my hands in my pockets.

"She travels for work."

I furrowed my brows. "Chloe right? How come every time she comes home, you never bring her over?"

"Because I miss her and I'm selfish so I wanna keep her with me all day." He answers bluntly.

"I can tell, Brynn is always asking me to ask you to bring Chloe over." I laughed.

"Yeah I know, I get that message about three times a day." He rolls his eyes.

We walked down the path, where I could see children playing with their parents, dogs running around, and couples holding hands and enjoying each other's company.

"Didn't you block her one day?"

"Yeah, then she emailed me. I blocked her on that and then she emailed on my second email and so on and so forth. In conclusion, though, your girlfriend is crazy."

"She's not my girlfriend." I sighed.

"Yet."

"What makes you think we'll get back together?" I asked him.

He shrugs, "You both want to, you're both just too scared to make a move."

"I just don't want to lose her again." Dylan sat down on a bench and I followed his action.

"What makes you think you will?"

"Because I'm a fuck up. I hurt her too many damn times already. I don't want to cause her any more pain."

"Yeah, but she stayed."

"She shouldn't have."

"You're right about that." He says making me glare at him. "But she stayed because she loves you and she wants to make it work."

"Listen, buddy." He pats my back a couple of times, "Levi taught her to know her worth and Issac taught her how to be strong and independent. If she wanted to leave, she would've but like I said she loves you, she understands the things that you have going on and she is willing to wait."