sequel: chapter thirty-three

"You need to behave okay?" I tell my little troublemakers that were sitting on the couch in front of me

"You tell us that every time mommy." Journey whines already getting sick of my mini-lecture.

"I know but you guys get distracted easily and forget." I kissed her head. "Now, hold hands." They got off of the couch and held each other's hands.

We were all going to the boardwalk so the kids could play games and we could go find a place to eat dinner. I wasn't exactly sure what there was to offer but what I do know is that I'm paying.

Unless Jax pulls out his card first.

We walked over to the path that led towards the boardwalk which wasn't long but it was very sandy. Obviously, since we're at the beach. We haven't showered yet since I know the kids are gonna be messy and roll around in the sand again.

"Mommy lookie lookie!" Journey shouts excitedly. The beach brought out her inner wildness.

"Can we go?" Sol asks putting on her best puppy eyes.

"Pweaseeeee." They all begged in sync.

"How come you guys never ask me?" Jax asks.

"Because you always say yes. Plus mommy is scarier." Journey tells him. Jax facial expression changes from sad, to confused and stern.

"Is that true?"

"Yeah." Jackie, Carlos, and I said at the same time. Jax just shrugs, swinging out hands that were currently intertwined with each other.

"You guys can go look for a place to eat, I'll watch the kids. I love arcades anyways." Carlos says excitedly.

"I'll stay too. Just find someplace that doesn't offer seafood." Jackie frowns at the thought of what happened earlier today.

She accidentally stepped on an already broken fish. I think she cried for an hour before calming down. The kids made a little funeral for it to make her feel better.

My kids are so sweet.

I handed Jackie some cash for the kids before Jax and I walked off. "I don't like how some of these men are staring at you," Jax grumbles.

"Have you not seen the girls staring at you?" I fussed back.

"No, because the only girl I'm looking at is you." He kisses my cheek. "It sucks to be such a hot-looking couple am I right?"

"Totally." I rolled my eyes going with his little statement. After walking around for a little bit I had to go use the restroom so Jax stayed outside sitting on a bench while I went into this toy store to use the restroom.

I hate public restrooms but I could not hold this pee in.

I walked out to see a girl coming up to Jax with a very flirtatious smile on her face. She looked like a high school student. Or maybe she wasn't, looks can be very deceiving.