chapter twenty-three

After the game finished which by the way we are now 4-time champions for both volleyball and football aunt Kyla always took the footballers and cheerleaders and a couple of other students out to dinner

Kylie and I decided not to and that we have last-minute decorations to buy for the homecoming dance tomorrow. We were both on the decorating committee. Well, I was forced but whatever.

Well, that and because I didn't wanna see Jax. The more I saw him the more it just hurt. Watching him play and rooting for him was already too much.

We got into my car and I drove to my house first so we could get cleaned up.

"I'll go use the guest bathroom." She runs out and I laughed at her.

I took a shower and put on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I grabbed a sweater, wallet, and keys. I waited for her in the living room.

I felt my phone vibrate and it was Kyla texting me.

Kyla: I have a minor emergency.
Brynn: What happened?
Kyla: I left my credit card at home. Do you think you could get it and drop it off at IHOP?
Brynn: Yeah I'll be there in 30
Kyla: Thanks. I love you
Brynn: Love you too

Kylie came out a minute later and we headed out.

"How does someone forget their credit card? It's the most important thing." Kylie asks.

"Well getting good grades is also important but most people lack the brain cells to realize it." I hear her groan which causes me to laugh.

I got Kyla's cards and Kylie wanted to drive so she drove to IHOP.

When I tell you she is the worst driver ever please believe me and never get in the car with her. You'll be scarred for life.

Once we got there I unlocked the door and got out quickly and patted my body.

"I'm still alive, thank god."

"Oh shut up you drama queen." Kylie pushes me and we both laughed. We walked in and got greeted by a cute boy. Well, man. Well, I dunno. He could be over 21 which is no bueno.

"Table for two?" He asks with a charming smile.

"Nope. I'm looking for my aunt and her football team." I smiled back.

"They're on your right."

"Thanks," I said and he winks at me.

"That guy was totally into you." Kylie jumps.

"Too bad. If he was over 21 he'd be in trouble for being with a minor." Wow, I'm such a goody goody.

"Who would be in trouble for dating a minor?" Kyla asks sternly.

"That guy over there was checking her out," Kylie says and I slapped her arm.

"Brynnley you know better."

"I know." I pulled out her cards and gave them to her.

"You really took the whole stack of cards?"

"Yeah just in case 1 doesn't work." I shrugged.

"Right. Thank you, baby. I'll see you tomorrow. Get home safe." She kisses my forehead.

"Okay. You too." I hugged her.

Before I was able to walk out I was pulled into a booth.

"Hi, friend." Kian smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, Kian."

"Are you going to the dance tomorrow?"

"Yes sir."

"Good."

"You gonna let me go?" I asked and raised my brow.

"Oh yeah. Whoops." He chuckles and I got up. Jax and I glanced at each other before looking away.

Kylie and I spent an hour at party city looking for last-minute things. I love party city. I loved looking at the cartoon-themed decorations. Oh and the candy. $15 pieces for $1? Yes, please.

We had to wake up at eight to get everything set up and ready for the night.

We also had to put the homecoming king and queen banners.

I was nominated so were Paris and Kylie. Kylie wasn't the one to want this and I wasn't either but there was no way we could get out because if we did Paris would win automatically and I'm not giving that to her. For prom king, it was Rex, Jax, and Kian.

I really hope Kylie wins because if Jax wins I'm going to have to dance with him and that I can't do.

I'm not emotionally prepared.

We spent the rest of the night watching movies and then we both fell asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: august 26th, 2020

Heyyywoooo. How have y'all been this past week?

Has anyone started school yet? If so lemme know how it went.

So I've been working on a new book that has so much smut in it. I do plan on publishing it soon but I don't know when. I just need to make sure I have enough ideas for the book before publishing it. That book would most likely be my last book I ever publish but who knows.

I accidentally sliced my skin like three friday's ago and this bitch still didn't heal. All I wanted was a piece of lemon instead I sliced my skin.

I have very exciting news. Instead of going back to my old schedule which is to update every other Wednesday I'm just gonna continue uploading every Wednesday (if I can remember) I've already written several chapters so I'm ahead in that so why not continue uploading a new chapter every Wednesday.

Anyways I hope you're doing well, please stay safe and if you ever need anyone to talk to please ask me for my twitter or my snap and I'll give it to you. I love making internet friends so don't hesitate to message me/comment.

I love you byeeee :)