chapter thirty

"Baby, please speak to me," Jax whispers in my ear

"Baby, please speak to me," Jax whispers in my ear. He was currently sitting in the ambulance getting checked.

"Sorry I zoned out."

"Don't apologize."

"Nobody should have to go through that." I put my hand on his cheek moving my thumb up and down.

"Can you thank your family for you know, saving mines?"

"Yeah, of course. " He pecks my lips.

"Baby!" Ms. Moore runs over and hugs Jax.

"Brynnley, please give me your uncle's number so I can thank him." She hugs me.

"I will, are you okay?"

"Yes, yes I am." She smiles before going into the ambulance to get herself checked out.

"I felt like a badass today." Dylan walks up to us.

"I'm sorry," I said. If it wasn't for me whimpering we wouldn't have gotten caught.

"No worries. I'm alive now aren't I?" He smiles and I smiled back.

"I don't think I'm gonna be comfortable living in that house anymore." Ms. Moore says to Levi. Issac stayed home with the kids.

"If you'd like you could stay in our home until you find a new one." Levi offers and Ms. Moore smiles.

"I'd love that. As long as you don't treat us like guests."

"Since when have I treated you like a guest. We're family." He hugs her.

"Guess I'll be living with you for a while," Jax smirks.

"I can't wait!" I clapped my hands in excitement.

"Can't wait for what?" He wiggles his brows. I knew he was thinking dirty.

"I can't wait to spend more time with Journey." I smiled and his face falls.

I looked over at Dylan who was holding in a laugh. His cheeks were puffed out and looking at him made me start laughing. He laughs and then Jax starts laughing.

~

It's been a couple of weeks since they have killed Jeffrey Monroe. Many of the officers were happy that he was caught. He was causing too much chaos.

Today was the last day before winter break.

"Journey!" I whined when she took a bite of my finger for the fifth time. I was feeding her my chocolate cake.

She giggles showing her two top and bottom teeth.

"You're so lucky it's your birthday." I glared at her playfully. She giggles, wobbles into Jax, and falls. She sticks her bottom lip out.

"No crying, you're okay." He tells her. She gets back up and wobbles away.

"Good morning." He kisses my lips.

"Good morning sleep beauty." I giggled.

"What's for breakfast, Mr. Knightly?" Jax asks Levi.

"Well since it's Journey's first birthday we're gonna have cake for breakfast." He hands Jax a plate of cake.

"You have the best dad ever." He smiles digging into the cake and I nod in agreement.

"Also don't call me Mr. Knightly. It makes me sound old. Just call me Levi." He pats Jax's back.

Jax nods since he was gobbling up all that cake.

Journey comes back and taps my leg meaning she wanted more.

I gave her a piece and she bites my finger. Again.

"Ouchies." I frowned at her which causes her to smile.

She walks away again. Man, she is too cute.

"Brynnley go get the triplets," Issac says coming downstairs with his bed hair.

"Okay." I went upstairs to get Kai and Dakota, Taylor comes and gets Aria.

As soon as I get to the last step I hear little footsteps followed by whining.

"Journey, baby you gotta understand that you can't be the only baby I hold. Don't you think that's a little selfish?" I spoke to her as if she was my age and could actually comprehend what I was saying.

"No." She cries.

"I got her." Jax picks her up and takes her to the living room.

"No. Mama!" Journey cries causing Jax and I to freeze.

"What did she say?" I asked him.

"She just—"

"I heard Journey say, mama!" Levi runs into the living room.

"Mama!" Journey says reaching out for me.

Levi gasps and then covers his mouth with his hand.

"I think she just called you mama," Taylor whispers behind me.

"Honey, give me the babies and you could attend to Journey," Jackie says taking both of the babies.

Journey wiggles out of Jax's arms and jumps into mine.

Jax still looks stunned.

"You okay there buddy?" I pushed his shoulder with my finger lightly.

"I just wasn't expecting her to say that to you."

"Why? You don't want me to be her mommy?" I joked.

"No, it's not that. You would make a great mom for Journey. I just wasn't expecting it this early. Wait who thought her how to say, mama?" He scratches the back of his head.

"I did." Jackie pokes her head out from the kitchen.

"Are you okay with her calling me mama?" I asked.

He smiles. "Of course." He hugs both of us.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: september 23rd, 2020

thank you for 190k reads, I appreciate it muah!

How are you guys? How's school? Love life? Any drama? Spill the tea ;)

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and enjoy the rest of the week as well! Love you!