sequel: chapter thirty-nine

"Get your pretty little ass in bed," I said smacking Brynn's ass

She turns, her round eyes widening as she pouts, "I thought my ass was big?"

I laughed and kissed her temple, "I didn't mean it literally. You have a very fat juicy ass."

I know she was joking, but I complimented her anyways. She's my girl, what else am I supposed to do?

"Want a bite?" She smirks, winking.

"Of course, just not right now." I picked her up throwing her over my shoulder. We went back into the room and I put her in the bed. "No work for you today, you're staying in bed."

"B-but--"

"Do not argue with me Brynnley Sky," I said sternly tucking her in.

Brynnley was currently sniffling, tired, and has a headache. Her headache lasted throughout the night so since couldn't sleep well.

"Hey mommy, I brought you some water," Journey says coming into the room. She gently places it down on the nightstand.

"Thanks, baby." Brynn smiles at Journey.

Even with her puffy eyes and dark under-eye bags she still was one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen.

"Is it okay if we stay with mommy in bed?" Bodhi asks snuggling into Brynn's side. Journey stays snuggled on her right and Sol lays on top.

I looked over at Brynn and she nods. "You three stay with mommy and I'll head to the store to pick up a couple of things okay?" I asked and all four of them nod.

I rushed picking up my keys and a hoodie throwing it on. I drove as fast as I could to the grocery store and called my mom since she has the perfect remedies for getting rid of headaches.

Lemon, honey, peppermint, cinnamon, and eucalyptus oil. Oh and chocolate cake because Brynn loves it.

"Wait, honey." She says before I hang out.

"Yes?"

"Get her a couple of pregnancy tests." She says and I furrowed my brows.

"She's on birth control though," I told her and she scoffs.

"It's only 91% effective Jax. Just get her a couple just in case." She tells me the brand and which ones are the best and I got them all.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant, my sperm is just that powerful that even birth control can't even stop it.

Such an ego booster if you ask me.

I need to shut up.

I went to the counter to check out and the girl pulls her shirt out probably to show her cleavage. I wouldn't know though, I'm looking at her face. "How are you today?" She smiles.

"Great," I muttered watching her ring the stuff.

13 dollars for a pregnancy test? Geezus.

"89.70." She says blinking her eyes a lot.

"You got something in your eye?" I said swiping my card.

"I-- uh no. I--"

"Can I get my receipt, please? I have a sick wife at home and she's waiting on me." I mumbled impatiently yet somewhat nicely.

She fumbles around and then eventually throws the bag and the receipt at me. "I hope you have a horrible day." She spats angrily.

"You too."

I walked out and drove back home. I opened the door to the room quietly to see all the kids and Brynnley sleeping.

Journey was sleeping on top of Brynn and Brynn had one of her hands on her back, patting it. Just like how they slept when she was a baby. On the other arm that Brynn has out, the twins were laying on cuddling into each other.

That arm is going to be sore when she wakes up.

Brynn's eyes flutter open and she smiles as her eyes landed on me. "Hey." She whispers.

"Hey, baby. You feel better?" I asked her and she nods a little.

"Do you think you could be pregnant?" I asked her sitting on the bed, my ass hanging halfway off the bed.

"Maybe." She mumbles. "Are we ready for another one?"

"I'm always ready with you." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"You're very cheesy." She laughs. Bodhi shoots his eye open, jumping which wakes Sol up.

"What's wrong with you Bobo?" Sol mutters with her eyes closed.

"Sorry I had a dream where bumblebee died." He wraps his arm around her before they both fell asleep again.

"Weirdos," Journey mutters making Brynn and I laugh quietly.

"Another one wouldn't seem so bad." I shrugged.

"No it wouldn't." She smiles before her eyes light up. "The court approved of the adoption papers. I'm officially Journey's mom."

"Baby, you've always been her mom." I pecked her lips.

"Oh I know but having it be on a document just feels so much better." She smiles brightly. My favorite sight. "We should frame it."

"We should, I'll take you to the craft store when you get better."

"I'll hold you to that."

~

"Just pee on it," I whined, pacing back and forth outside of the bathroom.

"I'm pee shy." She whines back. "I need some sort of noise."

I played baby got back on the speaker, laying down on the bed. God, I really hope she's pregnant.

"I'm done!" She yells closing the bathroom door.

"Where are the tests?"

"In there. I'm scared." She sits straddles my waist and I placed my hand on her thighs, running them up and down to comfort her.

"He or she?" She asks nibbling on her bottom lip.

"She."

"Really? I'm on team boy." She shrugs, "Are you sure you want me pregnant? I have really bad mood swings." She pokes my bare chest.

"Dylan said it almost gave him whiplash."

She giggles, "Yeah multiple times. He survived though. I'm pretty sure you will too. You'll probably get sick of me though."

"Never baby." I tickled her side making her burst into a fit of laughter.

After five minutes because we accidentally lost track of time in our little make-out session Brynn went in to get the test.

It's safe to say, the fourth bedroom down the hall will be occupied within the next 9 months.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: june 10th, 2021

thank you for 8.7k followers, i love y'all so much!

y'all got what y'all wished lol. I originally have only four chapters left but I might add a couple more chapters, if not then I'll add some bonus chapters after the book is all completed.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have an amazing day, I love you. MUAH!