chapter thirty-nine

He drags me into his house and into his room

He drags me into his house and into his room. He puts me on his bed and paces back and forth.

It was kind of sexy... my hormones are on some shit today.

I need to snap out of it!

I'm supposed to be mad at him.

I think I've been repeating that to myself over and over again for the last ten minutes.

"Are you okay?" He asked. He sounded worried and concerned making me smile just a little.

I missed him so much, man.

No, I don't.

Okay, maybe just a little.

"I'm fine." I leaned on his bed because of how tired I am. "Are you okay?"

He looks at me staring up and down my figure before going back to pacing.

"I'm fine. He missed most of the punches he threw." He says nonchalantly.

"Are you cutting?" He asks and I freeze. He stops pacing and sits down next to me. "Please tell me the truth."

I sighed looking away. I knew this was coming. "I did."

"When? Was it because of me?" He says lowly looking down. I sat straight up and faced him.

"I did a couple of years ago when I was in middle school. I had depression back then. I stopped after Tara passed because she asked me to keep a promise."

"Then why have you been wearing long sleeves for the last week?" He whispers not looking at my face.

I rolled up my sleeve showing him the huge cut.

"It was from when I got attacked. It looks horrible so I've been covering it." I traced around the cut softly.

"So you're not cutting?"

"No." I confirmed.

"Thank goodness." He engulfs me in a hug.

And suddenly my stupid ass had to open my mouth.

"You miss me?"

"I do. A lot. I'm sorry for saying what I said. You're the perfect mom for Journey. I wouldn't want anyone else to be her mother figure."

Music to my fucking ears.

"Yeah, I know. " I said which causes him to chuckle. "I sorta forgive you."

"Did you miss me?"

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"C'mon admit it."

"Nah, I'm good." I looked up at him and smiled. I leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"You missed." He grins.