sequel: chapter fourteen

"No, no, please

"No, no, please. Let me see them!" Another cry calls out. My body immediately jolted up and I ran into Jax's room.

He was shaking, rolling around, and crying. His hand gripped onto the sheets almost ripping them.

"Jax, I'm here." I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers together. "I'm right here. We're safe." I whispered trying to calm him down.

He slowly opened his eyes, tears coming out.

I stared at him with nothing but sadness in my eyes.

"I'm sorry for waking you up. I can't help it." He mumbles put his other arm over his face.

"I know you can't, don't apologize." I shook my head.

He's been getting nightmares every day, I tried laying with him for a couple of nights but he still ends up waking up crying and shaking. I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah." He mumbled.

"Would you like to try going to a therapist?" He shook his head which causes me to sigh. "I know great people who I went to who can help you."

"I don't want to go." He chokes out.

"In order for you to get better, you need professional help," I tell him.

"Can we talk about this in the morning?" He asks me with his glossy eyes.

"Yeah." I pulled my hand away from his and got up. I felt my wrist being pulled back.

"Stay with me? Please?"

"Yeah," I say quickly not even hesitating. He scooted over to the left and I laid down.

"Is it okay if I held you? Just for tonight?"

"Mhm." And with that he pulled me closer to him, both arms wrapped around my body tightly like he didn't want to let me go. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.

I missed this, him holding me as we slept. The warmth, the comfort. I wanted everything to go back to normal but I rather have this than nothing.

~

"Hey, mommy!" Sol says jumping on the bed.

"Hey, baby." I rubbed my eyes. Jax was no longer laying next to me. "Where's your daddy?"

"He left for a jog but grandpappy Lev and grandpappy Icey are here!" She says laying on top of me.

"Did you eat breakfast?" I cuddled with her, being that I was too tired to get up.

"Icey gave us ice cream and waffles."

"Is there more?"

"Yeah."

Ahh yes, food. I love me some food.

"Alright time for mommy to get up."

She climbed off of me and ran out of the room. As I walked out my dad Levi stood in front of the door.