chapter eleven

It's been a week since I've stayed at Jax's house

It's been a week since I've stayed at Jax's house. My bruises are getting better and the ones on my face could be covered with makeup. I'm so happy it was fall break. I don't know how I would've walked into school with all this on my body.

The bruise on my jaw was almost completely gone but the ones on my ribs not so much. You could still tell I got beat.

My aunt Kyla, promised that she wouldn't tell my dads and she was only gonna keep that promise for a week. I now have 2 days left.

Jax and I have gotten along very well. He's such a softie outside of school. Especially around Journey.

He told me the coach has been asking for him to join the team again and he's thinking about it but Journey is a handful.

I tried to get up but Jax was holding my finger tightly.

Apparently, he does this so if I had some sort of terrible nightmare about that night, he'd know.

"Jax, wake up."

"What?" He said annoyed.

"We have to get up for school."

"Fuck school." A whole mood.

"C'mon." I slapped his muscular arm. That probably felt like a tap to him.

"Fine." He lets me go and I walked to the bathroom.

I washed my body and put on a hoodie and jeans.

I grabbed my concealer and covered the bruise on my jaw. I set it with powder and honestly it covered pretty well.

Maybelline come through.

I walked out of the bathroom and Jax walks in.

"Wait," I said and he stops.

"Can you see the bruise?" I asked him.

"What bruise?" He smiles.

"The one on my— ohhhh I see what you did." I laughed and he winked.

I went into Journey's room and kissed her head. Her eyes flutter open and she turns around falling asleep again. What a mood.

I got out and walked back into Jax's room and packed my books and clothes for practice. Almost everyone in that school knew what happened between Braxton and me.

I knew certain people were gonna use that against me but I've learned not to give a damn.

"You ready?" He asks coming out of his closet.

"Yup." I grabbed my backpack and grey and black duffel bag.

We walked out into his car and he drove us to school.

Once we got there I got out.

"I'm gonna join football again." He told me.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It made me happy and I need to get some exercise so you know." He smirks.

"Who you tryna show off for?" I asked.

"My daughter. She has to see how strong her daddy could get. That and I could scare the boys away from her." He chuckles and I smiled.

"You're something else." I rolled my eyes.

We walked in and everyone's eyes were on me.

"What?" I snapped and they turned away. I could see Jax smirking from the corner of my eye.

"I'll see you later," Jax says walking to his friends.

I went to go open my locker when Ryan, Braxton's best friend shut the door on my hand.

"What the fuck?" I hissed.

"Did you have fun with Brax that night?" He smirks. I ignored him and opened my locker again.

"Don't ignore me!" He yells in my ear.

"If you don't get the fuck away from her I'll smash your face just like I did with Braxton." Kyle's voice boomed through the hallway making everyone look at us.

"Kyle don't do it," I said. He's on a sports team with a good scholarship. He cannot afford to ruin that opportunity over someone who isn't worth it.

"Well if he doesn't walk away, I will."

"No, you won't. Mr. Reynolds get into my office." Aunt Kyla says.

Not only was she my coach she was the vice-principal. Mainly the reason I was never slacking. If she knew I was failing a class I would've died in the middle of one of these hallways.

"What? What did I do?" Ryan spats at her and she gives him a look.

"Braxton, Brynn, and Kyle. Get in my office."

We all walked into her office. Braxton kept trying to touch me but Kyle would get in the way. You could tell Kyle was going to kill someone in seconds.

"You're only doing this because she's your niece." Braxton rolled his eyes.

"Braxton enjoy the next 48 hours of your life because when Issac finds you he is sending you straight to jail. Ryan you are getting suspended for 2 weeks and community service picking up trash for the rest of the year. You'll be the last student to leave school grounds."

"Issac doesn't know?" Brax asks with a hint of fear in his voice.

"He does now." I turned to the door to see both my dads standing there.

"Oh no," I whispered putting my face in my hand.

"You raped my daughter?" Issac yells scaring me and Kyla.

"Issac go home," Kyla tells him.

"Brynn remove your hoodie." Issac snaps at me and I shook my head no.

"Brynnley Sky." He hissed.

"Issac you need to calm down you're scaring her," Levi says and his face softens.

"I'm sorry, come here." I walked over to him and he hugs me. Both of them hug me.

"Losers," Ryan whispered.

Issac got out of the hug and pushed me behind him.

"Braxton I'm gonna make sure your ass is behind bars for doing what you did to my daughter. Ryan, you better stay the hell away from my baby or you'll be in the same spot as your little boyfriend." Issac says.

"You're coming home right after practice." He tells me before walking out. "I'm going to the police station."

"We love you, sweetie. Kyle, watch over her please." Levi says running after Issac to probably make sure he doesn't break somebody's car.

"Braxton, Ryan you are dismissed but stay away from her," Kyla tells them and they walk out.

Before Braxton walks out he stops in front of me. "See you at lunch."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
published on March 25, 2020