sequel: chapter thirty-two

"Woooohooo we're at the beach!" Bodhi screams shaking his butt against the window

"Sit down!" Jax and I both yelled making him sit down quickly in his car seat. He gives me an innocent smile, giggling in the process.

Summer break had started for the kids two weeks ago. We were planning a big family vacation but sadly almost everybody canceled on us.

Kylie and Kian couldn't leave their house due to renovations, Chloe and Dylan had to stay home since Chloe is currently having a tough pregnancy, Rex and Kyle had already booked flights to Dubai, my parents and the triplets had already left to go on their two-month long vacation in Hawaii, Claire hates the beach and Taylor is allergic to life so he decided to stay home.

Jackie is coming as well as Carlos.

To be fair we kind of planned this last minute but it's fine. We see them a lot anyway so it doesn't matter.

Carlos was able to get two weeks off from work to come with us. He was more than excited to be invited. Jax and Carlos have been getting along lately even with their opposite personalities.

I mean if Jax can tolerate Kian then I'm pretty sure he can tolerate Carlos as well. As long as he makes his mother happy then that is all that matters.

"When we get here, you all need to behave or I'll take you back home okay?" I turned around in my seat to give them all stern looks. They all nod unbuckling their seats.

We pulled up to the beach house that we rented. We were only staying here for a week but Jackie and Carlos were going to stay for two.

They wanted some time alone on the beach.

"Hi, you must be Brynn Knightly." The lady waiting at the front says.

"Yes, that's me." I took her hand shaking it gently.

"Here are the keys. If you don't mind I cannot give you a tour but everything is the same as the pictures. This part of the beach is all yours, the boardwalk is a 15-minute walk away and there are a lot of great food places to eat within the 5-mile radius." She rushes.

"Okay thank you." I smiled and nodded.

She nods quickly, "If you have anything please do not hesitate to call my number. I'm really sorry again, my son has a little soccer game on the beach and I promised him I wouldn't miss it."

I gasped, "Girl you better get going." I ushered her down the driveway. She smiles waving goodbye.

I got the kids out of the car and had them hold my hands before we entered the house. As I opened the door, the sight behind those doors was amazing.

The furniture was white, grey and black. There were a lot of fake-looking plants around the room. From the door, you can see the back door that leads to the beach.

"Oh my goodness! The beach!" Sol runs inside excitedly with her twin brother following behind.

"Watch them for me, babe," I tell Journey and she nods running in to follow her little siblings.

I helped Jax with some of our luggage as Jackie and Carlos arrived.

"Mommy! There are bunk beds." Bodhi yells from upstairs.

"You should go up there just in case he decides to become a superman and fly off the bed," Jax tells me. I dropped everything and sprinted upstairs.

While Jackie and I were looking at photos of this house we already decided on rooms.

Jackie and Carlos would get the room downstairs, the twins would get the smaller room with bunk beds, Journey was gonna get her own room since she liked sleeping by herself while Jax and I took the master bedroom.

"Stop jumping please," Journey tells them when I reached the top of the stairs.

"But it's super fun! You should come up here!" Sol screams.

"Mommy's coming!" Journey says when she sees me standing outside out the door.

"Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, hurry up Sol get down. Oh no, Oh no." Bodhi stresses. He looks out of the door, with an innocent smile. "Hey, mommy."

"Hey, sweetie."

"Bobo told me we should jump." Sol points her fingers at Bodhi.

Aria and her get along so well, they literally snitch or put the blame on their siblings all the time. It's a good thing for me as a parent when it comes to the snitching part but it'll cause a lot of unnecessary arguments.

"What? Don't lie!" Bodhi yells. "It was a team decision."

"No, you said--"

"We're at the beach and you guys wanna argue?" I cut Sol off and asked them giving my best stern look. I actually found this very amusing but c'mon we're at the beach!

I love the fucking beach.

"There is a hot tub and pool on the roof." Jax whispers in my ear excitedly. I turned around and he's standing there with a suggestive smile.

"Tonight?"

He nods, kissing my lips.

I grabbed the kid's suitcases, pulled out their bathing suits, and helped them get into them. Jax is going to be so upset when he sees the girls in a two-piece. Do I care? No, they looked absolutely adorable.

I never took the kids to the beach myself when Jax wasn't here. The beach was is where you're supposed to be happy and all it did was remind me of what I was missing so I just never went back here until now.

"Hey, do you think anyone would be able to hear us on the roof toni--- Oh sweet Jesus you cannot wear that." He says walking into our room.

"Why not?"

"Becauseeeee." He grumbles. "All the other men are gonna look at you." He wraps his arm around my waist pulling my body against his.

"You're the only man I want." I kissed his lips. "Plus we get this part of the beach to ourselves, no one could see me."

"Uh yes, they can. There's a thing called windows ya know?" He sasses rolling his eyes. He's been hanging out with Kian too damn much.

"Well I'm not changing, deal with it."

"I know." He kisses my temple. "But seriously do you think anyone would hear us from up there?"

"Umm I'm not sure but we'll find out tonight right?"

"Oh yes, we will." He smirks grabbing both of my butt cheeks to pick me up. I let out a squeal wrapping my arm around his neck. He hugs me close to his body placing kisses on my shoulders and chest.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: may 15th, 2021

I've created such little horndogs. I love it.

If you guys ever need books to read, I have a bunch of reading lists in categories for y'all so check it out if you want.

I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your week. Remember to stay safe, and remember to love yourself. I love you so much! MUAH!