sequel: chapter twenty

"Oh my god

"Oh my god."

I let out a really soft moan as his hands pressed harder into my skin.

"You like that babe?" Jax asks his hands moving further down.

"Yes."

All week long I've been working nonstop. Kylie and I had to release the spring line tomorrow so we've been working together to make sure everything is perfect. Every time before we released anything we'd make sure everything goes great which means we spend more time staying back at the office. It was only for one week.

I have three kids and I don't want them feeling neglected or anything so I bring them and let them yell at my employees. The kids think it's funny and so do my employees so no one's feelings are hurt.

Jax and I have been great, it's been a week and a half. We're going strong, better than ever. I feel like every time we break up, we come back even stronger. He has always been a great boyfriend so I don't really worry about that department.

Well except for the incident with Blair, but he learned his lesson so I'm okay.

Speaking of Blair, she has been in and out of rehab for drug use. She tried to contact Jax once, showing up at his house while he was well...gone, and let's just say Jackie did one hell of a number on her. I couldn't since I was pregnant but Jackie did not hesitate to hit that bitch.

It was hilarious if you ask me.

"Okay, do you feel better now?" Jax asks getting off of me.

"Yes, thank you." I kissed his cheek and got up. Jax offered to give me a massage today because I've been working hard the past couple of days. He decided to take a day off from work just to keep me home.

"Anytime." He smacked my ass making me shake my head.

He sits down and I crawled onto his lap, straddling him. "You are a very scary businesswoman." He mutters looking into my eyes.

"You will only see me like that a week before the release, other than that I'm calm and nice." I wrapped my arm around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist.

"Weren't you just yelling at Kian last week about how strawberry jelly is better than grape? You were nowhere near calm." He chuckles.

"I'm serious about my food okay? And my children."

He pokes out his bottom lip, "What about me?"

"Sure, yeah you too." I joked.

He chuckles pulling me into a hug. I sighed holding him tighter, not wanting to let go. Every night or whenever we had quality time together we would just hug and talk. It was my favorite. For five years I was deprived of his touch. He gave me so much warmth and comfort, that honestly, no one else could give.

Of course, I had my kids too but something about being touched by the person you're so in love with is a different feeling.

One of our phones started to ring and Jax moves to pick it up.

"Whos?"

"Yours." He hands it to me.

Why must these stupid ass people interrupt my quality time with Jax? I sighed and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Yes, are you the parent or guardian of Journey Monroe?"

I mean if my number is on her emergency contact form next to the word mother then yes.

Don't be a smart ass right now.

Sorry.

"I'm her mother, did something happen with my baby?" I furrowed my brows getting off of Jax's lap whose face is filled with fear and concern.

"Put it on speaker." He whispers and I do.

"Well, she got into a physical fight with one of her classmates. I'd like for you to come down to the school so we can discuss a punishment with the other parents." The lady says. Probably the principal or a secretary.

I've met the principal a couple of times, we've had nice short conversations.

"I'm sorry, we're talking about Journey, right? My Journey Monroe?" I asked.

My smart, calm, and well collected, educated brainiac child in a physical fight?

She was definitely provoked.

"Yes, Journey Monroe. Please come down to my office as soon as possible."

"Okay, I'll be there in fifteen." I hung up.

"Our child just got into a fight," I whispered to Jax who is in a state of shock.

"Journey doesn't even seem like she'd get into a fight. She is never violent. Have we been violent around her?" He asks.

"Well, you're very violent when it comes to breaking my back," I muttered.

"You like it." He grins making me smile.

"Yes I do but we gotta go. My baby might get suspended." I grabbed his arm and pulled him out the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: april 10th, 2021

Oop, little Juni bug is in troubleeee. What do you think it's for?

Thank you so so much for 2 million reads, I'm forever grateful for all of you whether you're first time readers, or re-readers. Thank you for being patient with me and being kind. I love y'all so so much. Thank you, MUAH!

I hope you guys have a great week, please pleaseeee remember to love yourself and stay safe. I love you, MUAH!