chapter forty-three

"Seniors! You know what time it is!" Kyla shouts into the microphone

It is senior night for all the seniors who are going to be graduating.

"I can't believe this time everyone is saying goodbye to us." Kylie cries.

Many of the lower classes had made signs for Kylie and me. It made her super emotional so now she's laying her head on my shoulder while we're sitting on the floor.

"It's okay Ky." I rubbed her back.

"Is she okay?" Kian asks with concern.

"She's just being a baby." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I am not!" She screams wiping her tears.

"Can you believe we're seniors?" Kyle comes and sits down on the field. "Three years ago I didn't think I'd make it past freshman year."

"You almost didn't since you skipped most of the time." Rex says.

"I thought skipping made me feel like I was the shit insteaddd it made me feel like shit." He grumbles muttering words such as 'i'm sorry stupid' and 'never again'

"Let's thank god for having Brynnley the nerd as a friend." Kyle says and I rolled my eyes.

"You're lucky I have a good soul." I pointed at him.

"So Miss Knightly are you valedictorian?" Dylan asks.

"Yes." I smiled proudly. Hard work pays off.

But it also caused a couple of mental breakdowns, broken phones, an injured toe, and a couple of wrinkles.

I need to go fix those stupid wrinkles.

"Good. I swear if there was anyone else I'd snap." Rex says and Kylie nods agreeing with him.

"Are you guys ready for college, a start of something new?" I asked them.

"Yes." They all smiled happily.

"I can't wait to be surrounded by new people. Everyone here is boring now." Kyle says.

"Honestly. " I laughed.

"Where have you gotten accepted to?" Kian asks curiously.

"NYU, Stanford, Princeton--"

"Alright no more! Sitting next to you makes me feel dumb." Kylie moves over a bit and I giggled.

"Do you plan on going out of state?" Rex asks. I can sense that he's worried about me leaving.

"I'm not sure yet."

"You know you can't just leave Journey and Jax." Rex nudges me.

"Technically I can but I don't want to."

"Hey, guys!" Jax comes and sits down next to me.

"Hey, babe." He pecks my lips. "How is Journey?"