sequel: chapter twenty-four

"Ouuu ouuuu eating a lollipop!" Bodhi yells

"It's not your turn baby."

"Oh." He lets out a nervous laugh and cuddles into my side.

Journey was currently sitting on my lap while I had Bodhi on my right and Sol on my left. Jax, Kyle, Kylie, and Rex went to play a game on the PS4 while Dylan, Kian, Chloe, the kids, and I played charades. Well, I was watching, not playing.

I was forcing the other four to play with us but they insisted on playing the game. Stupid video games.

The twins were on the same team, Dylan and Chloe, and then Kian and Journey who was currently in the lead.

"Alright Journey you're up," Dylan says. She gets off my lap and picks out a card.

She starts acting out by doing several movements while Kian watches her carefully. His facial expressions go from understanding to confused back to understanding and then back to what the fuck is this little girl doing?

"50 seconds," I shout.

"C'mon uncle Ki," Sol yells.

"Even I know!" Bodhi flings his arm in the air.

"35 seconds."

Kian's eyes furrowed, "Is it strapping in a baby seat?" He asks.

Journey lets out a loud sigh, "Finally." She comes back to sit on my lap.

"Your kids have a bit of an attitude issue," Kian says pointing to all three of them who are giving him pointed glares.

"Well, Brynn is their mom," Dylan says.

"Oh shut it," I said hugging all my kids.

"Point proven." He says making Chloe laugh.

"Wait, why are all these baby-related?" Kian asks looking at all the pieces of paper. His and Dylan's eye widens simultaneously as their heads turned slowly to look in my direction.

What kinda robot shit is this?

"You're pregnant!" They pointed at me. The kids all scrambled out of my arm and started jumping up and down.

"Mommy's pregnant!" The twins yelled while Journey hugged me happily.

Journey's reaction to this was so much more different than before. I got pregnant when she was only one and her jealousy still ran till she was 3.

When I brought the twins home she cried, a lot. She was constantly yelling and throwing temper tantrums but eventually, she got used to not being the only baby I hold. I felt bad for letting her sit there and crying but she had to learn.

"Daddy! Mommy is pregnant!" Sol screams. All of their heads turned over to me and I slid down in my seat shaking my head.

"Baby, you're pregnant?" He asks walking over to me.

"No--"

"I'm not surprised, your pull-out game is weak," Kian tells Jax, which causes my boyfriend to glare at him.

"Shut it."

"It's the truth." Dylan shrugs.

Chloe is just sitting there laughing her ass off, enjoying the scene in front of her.

Jax pulls me up by my hands and asks me again with the most sweetest, biggest smile.

Man, I wish I was.

I'll start working on it tonight.

"Guys, I'm not pregnant."

They all looked at me with a confused expression. The kids stopped yelling and Journey's big smile turns into a deep frown.

"AUNTIE KYLIE, YOU'RE PREGNANT?" Sol gasps loudly. They all looked over to Kylie who had a scared face.

She looks down at her stomach. Chloe laughs even harder, tears were basically sliding down her cheeks.

"What? No!" She screams. "I got my tubes tied."

"Guys, I'm pregnant," Chloe says when she's done laughing.

"What?" Dylan asked his jaw slightly tensed.

"Auntie Chlo said she's pregnant," Sol answers Dylan who gives her a sour face.

I slightly laughed at her response. "Mommy, you're not pregnant?" Journey whispers.

"No, why did you want another sibling that bad?"

"Maybe." She answers shyly. I kissed her cheek before looking back to Dylan who has been standing in the same spot. Not moving an inch.

I'm not even sure if he is breathing or not.

"Maybe kick him in the leg or something," I tell Chloe who pokes his stomach.

"You're really pregnant?" He asks her for like the 5th time.

"Yes, I am." She answers him. He pulls her into a tight hug.

Tears begin to prickle my eyes. He was going to have his own little family now. Dylan has always been there for me and the kids. His bond with my kids was so enchanting and beautiful and now he was going to have his own. I watched him work hard for everything that he has gotten so far. Every good thing he gets, he deserves so much.

"I'm going to be a dad." He whispers.

"Yeah, you are."

"Thank you." He tells her.

"For what babe?"

"For letting me into your life and carrying my baby."

"Well, it's not like I had a choice. You never stopped chasing after me." She giggles.

"And I'm never ever going to stop."

Kian lets out a really loud ass sob latching onto Kylie who's crying. "You two are so cute." They cried.

"Huggies!" Bodhi yells running over to Chloe and Dylan. We all piled in for a huge group hug.

"Happy Friendsgivings," Chloe says.

"Happy Friendsgivings."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: april 22nd, 2021

Akskxkdkdjdje my baby Dylan is gonna be a dad now. I love him so much.

What's your favorite comfort book/character?

Mine is Lilah, you can find it in my absolute favs reading list but I swear there is not a day where I don't think about her once. She's my absolute favorite fictional character and it makes me so sad she's not real.

I hope you guys have a great day, I love you MUAH!