sequel: chapter two

Numb

Numb. That was all I felt.

For the last five years I've felt nothing but numb.

Without Brynn, my mom and Journey by my side I felt nothing.

At first it was painful, constantly getting beat without being able to fight back but eventually the pain fades. I missed my girls more than anything and it's been occupying my head ever since I got here.

Ray tortured me day and night for two months straight. I could've bled to death but he cleaned my wounds. I'm not sure why but whatever. I don't even bother to question that man.

After he got tired of torturing me he just let me stay in the dirty old basement. He'd make sure I get three meals a day but he wouldn't let me out much.

He wanted to make sure I went insane, but I don't. I kept myself grounded by working out and keeping my mind occupied wondering how Brynn was doing or how much Journey has grown within the time that I've been stuck in here.

For years I've been looking for a way out. Every time I tried I got caught.

I'd get updates about Brynn, Journey, and Dylan.

Journey just started kindergarten. She's beautiful. Ray gave me a picture of her that one of his friends took while she was at school. She was looking down at her paper doing her work. She didn't seem to be struggling at all.

Brynnley from what the picture shows has moved on with Dylan. I wasn't expecting her to just sit there and wait for me. I'm not even mad about Dylan and her. I was happy that she found someone who made her happy. All I wanted for her was to be happy.

I needed to see them. I wanted to be able to hold Journey. I wanted to hold Brynn even if she wasn't mine anymore. Maybe Dylan would let me hold her one last time before we all moved on.

I was going to escape this hell hole one way or another.

"Julie, bring over Kylie's designs for the winter collection

"Julie, bring over Kylie's designs for the winter collection."

"Okay Miss Knightly." She smiles and I returned one.