1. Questions.

'Have a safe trip!' I say as I wave before she closes the door.

"It's not like we won't see each other again."

Her words repeat in my head as I fake a smile while they drive away.

Yeah right....

Five weeks later.

Stranger: hello, my name is Clay,
                     I saw the add online add and wanted to ask if the room was still available.

I look down and read the message as it pops up on my Lock Screen. I lazily grab the phone and open it to read the full message. Once I did I answer,

You: hey! It sure is

Seeing how he was still online he starts to type back immediately after.

Stranger: great! Could I ask some questions?

I spent the first two hours answering questions about the apartment through texts

Stranger: would you mind if I call you? It's easier

You: sure

Not too exited about calling, I accept the call. 'Hey!' The guy sounds exited, making me smile and a little relieved. 'Hey.' I say back. 'So having pets was okay right?' He asks. He's been very serious about pets, so I chuckle 'like I said a couple of times by now, yes, it's okay. I have a cat.' I say. 'Oh so do I!' My cat Pebbles looks up at the kind of loud voice over the phone. 'Really?! What is he, or she called?' I ask. 'Her name is Patches.' He answer. 'Really?' I ask. He chuckles a little 'yeah, why?' He asks. 'Ah i don't know, didn't expect that.' I say. He wheezes on the other side of the phone, making me chuckle 'is it.... REALLY that bad?' He asks through gasps of air and laughs. 'Well it kinda sounds like she has a skin disease or something. Like patches....' I explain, making him wheeze even louder and getting me to laugh too 'dude, what's wrong with your laugh, are you okay?' I ask while laughing. He calms down a little and lets out a higher pitched 'I'm fine' while trying to breath. 'Alright.' I say with a laugh.

Seeing how we had fun talking over the phone, he asked if he could come and take a look in a week. I accepted and started to clean up a little. Seeing how I repainted the whole house, everything is neat, though the room I didn't stay in is dusty and full of spiders.

I groan as I look at the two spiders. Why do they have to be this big?
'Damn You Florida.' I mumble as I head in with my vacuum to suck them up.

When it's clean I look around myself. There's only a dresser in the room. He can have it if he likes it and decides to take the apartment. God I hope so, I could finally eat something different then instant noodles.