75. Bother

We arrive home and Clay helps me out of the car. I'm still a little dizzy for the medication and having laid down long before getting up. He holds out his arm again and I gladly take it.

The front door opens before we reach it and mom makes her way out. 'I'm so glad You're home!' She says as he hugs me, Clay moves his arm out of the way, but I'm a little sad about it. We head inside where Kim greets me. She hugs me carefully 'how are you feeling?' She asks. 'A little wobbly, but happy to be home.' I tell her.

We sit down in the living room and get something to drink. Again, Clay is nowhere to be seen. He sits at the dinner table, giving us more space then we need. He feels off. Somethings still not right. 'Bet you want your room back.' Kim says. I look over my shoulder to look at Clay. He doesn't react at all. 'You're staying here again too right, Clay?' Mom asks as she notices. 'Oh no that's okay, I really don't want to be a bother.' Clay says. I know my expression saddens when Kim speaks up 'come on, Amelia will recover faster when you're near.' She says. I look up, face red by her comment as Clay chuckles. 'It's inconvenient, there is not enough space.' He says. 'What do you mean? There are two two person beds.' Mom says.

Clay meets my eyes briefly.
'I'll be staying in Clay's room anyways.' I say as I turn back to my sister. I know he won't feel comfortable if both of them would stay in his room. 'I'll go change the sheets then.' He says as he gets up.

When the door of the living room closes Kim turns to me with a pout 'he didn't even answer yet.' She says. 'And you guys shared a room when you two stayed at my place anyways, you could now as well.' She says. 'I know. He knows that too.' I say. 'I'll go talk to him.' Mom says as she gets up as well.

'He's handsome.' Kim says after mom left the room. I chuckle 'yeah?' She nods. 'And really nice. He'd be a better boyfriend then roommate.' She says. 'I've heard that before.' I say as I lean back into the couch. 'You wouldn't want to date him?' She asks. The blush on my cheeks gives me away as a smirk appears on my sisters face. 'Come on, he's cute and sweet. What harm could be done?' Kim asks. 'Things could get awkward between me and my roommate. And besides that, we're good where we're at.' I say as I fold my arms.

After a bit Mom comes back down. 'He really believes he's a bother.' She says with a sad smile. 'Yeah I don't know what's going on with him.' I say. 'He's a very sweet boy, talk to him.' She says as she sits down.

I should.