50. Quieter

Next day we leave for Clay's family.

His mom opens the door and hugs the both of us. 'Good to see you two again.' She says before pulling back. She holds Clays arm as she gives him a look, and Clay shakes his head before blushing and smiling.

We head in and have dinner. It's calmer then the first time, but there's still a lot of talking. Clay and Alyssa fight over who get the shredded cheese first, so I grab the bowl before either of them do. I grin as they both go quiet and Tyler laughs.

That night my neighbor Sierra calls me again.

'The guy is back.'
'Really?'

I hold my hand over my forehead as I sit up, Clay stirring in his sleep next to me.

'Yeah, he's yelling again.'
'I'm not home, nor is Clay.'
'Does He know?'
'No. No we left yesterday.'
'He came a couple of times during the day too, is there anything you can do?'
'I...'

I think, but form here, there's nothing.

'No. Just call the cops if it's too bad.'
'Are you sure?'
'I can't do anything else.'
'Arjen will try to talk to him. He'll tell him you are away.'
'Okay, just be careful. I'm really sorry about this.'

Clay makes a soft sound before grabbing my arm to pull himself up. 'What going on?' He asks as he rubs his eyes. 'Liam is at our place again, Sierra and Arjen keep getting woken up because of it.' Clay lets out a sound that sound a bit like a growl before he gets out of bed. 'What are you doing?' I ask as he grabs some clothes. 'I'm going to tell him to fuck of before he has a problem with me.' He says. I get up as well, putting the phone to my ear.

'If talking doesn't work, feel free to call cops.'
'Alright. We're just worried for you, he doesn't sound friendly.'
'Thats very sweet of you. He's not as bad as he sounds but he crosses a line like this.'
'He does. We'll see what we can do, no worries.'
'Thank you.'
'Goodnight.'

'Clay!' I whisper yell at him before he can grab the doorknob. 'I don't know who the fucker is, but I'm not tolerating this.'  He says. 'Clay please, quiet down.' I say in a whisper after he nearly yelled. He huffs as I grab his arm, not trusting he'll stay. 'I stayed with you, now I'm asking you to stay with me.' I say. He looks me in the eyes. Green eyes widened the smallest bit in surprise. He lets out another annoyed sound, but I can see he will listen. 'He's such an asshole, why doesn't he get the message?' Clay asks still angry. 'Be quieter.' I tell him again, seeing how everyone else is asleep. I turn him to me and zip open the jacket. 'Go back to bed.' I say.

He takes off whatever he put on to leave, and he lays back down. 'Get in bed.' He says. I climb in as well. 'Quit being so angry.' I tell him as I notice how tense he's laying. 'I just don't get it. What does he want so badly?' I cringe at what I'm about to say, but I say it anyways 'me.' He came here to get me back.

My arm gets grabbed and I get pulled into Clay. 'That's not happening.' He says as he holds me protectively, making me giggle. 'What are you doing?' I ask him as I'm stuck in his arm, head against his chest, unable to move away from him. 'Holding you where I want you to be.' He says. 'What?' I ask with a quiet laugh, not to wake others. 'Where would that be?' I ask. 'Close to me.' He says. I fall silent at the cheesy but kind of adorable thing he said.

I hear the door open behind me, Clay letting me go quickly. 'What was all the noise?' Alyssa asks. 'Oh, Uhm... there was someone at our door, waking the neighbors and your brother got mad.' I explain. 'Jesus. This early?' 'Guess so.' I say back. She yawns 'well, be quieter please.' She says. 'I'm talking to you Clay.' She says before closing the door behind herself. 'Told you to be quieter.' I say. He repeats my words on a mocking tone, making me slap his arm and getting a chuckle in return.