44. Chase.

I'm not fast asleep, but my eyes are closed, and they feel like they want to stay that way. The pattern of the rain, the warmth, the scent, The tight embrace. I find myself comfortable, yet feeling a little weird. I haven't had a boyfriend in some years and I was happy that way. A bed for myself. My own way of doing things and my time was mine, and mine alone. And now, through I still don't have a boyfriend, I'm stuck in a man's embrace, warm and comfortable, but unable to move. And I don't want to. I don't need the space of a two persons bed to myself. I like this better, though I never have before.

Clays hold on me loosens and his breathing speeds up a little, signaling him waking up. He yawns, moving back a little because his chin was on top of my head. My eyes still don't want to close. They want me to stay right where I am. I feel Clay move a bit, before he takes both my hands in one of his, his hold gentle. He moves hair out of my face. Him touching my cheek making my eyes open.

His eyes widen a little and he lets me go, cheeks turning pink. 'Mornin' I mumble. He wants to completely move away, but I hold his arm to stop him. 'Please....' I yawn 'stay.' The words come out breathy as I close my eye again. He lets out a soft laugh before he moves closer again. 'Addicted to how I smell now, are you?' He asks. 'Not addicted.' I mumble as he lays on his side in front of me again. His hand lays on my arm, the warmth making me hum. 'Warm.' I scoot closer, into his embrace again. He tenses but when I find a comfortable spot between his arms, still a little away from his chest, he relaxes. He rubs small circles onto my back. 'This is new.' He says softly. I know it is, but I'm not admitting. I Don't like physical contact. I have a bubble that people need to stay out of, besides my sister, mom, Nick and now apparently, Clay.

'I didn't think you could be this clingy.'

And there goes the moment. I groan in protest and push myself away from him, rolling over onto my other side so my back is facing him. He chuckles before pulling me to him. 'I didn't say I minded.' He says, 'I do. You're annoying.' I say as I scoot away again, but he grabs my hips to pull me back again, and this time holds me in place, trapping me behind his arm.

'No I don't want to anymore. You ruined it.' I say as I move again. He lets me go, not wanting to force me. Though a shiver runs through me when I get up, and a part of my mind and body ask me to lay back down, I make my way out of the room. I shower and then head into my own bedroom to brush my hair, not wanting to bother Clay with the long hairs in the bathroom. He gets up and goes to the bathroom, not closing the door behind himself. So I head in, needing my towel again. His face is full of shaving cream, making me laugh a little. His green eyes look at me through the fogged up mirror as he leans close to it to take a better look at what he's doing. 'What?' He asks. 'Nice beard Santa.' I joke. He flicks his fingers, shooting bits of the shaving cream at me. I feel small drops landing on my face and he giggles before turning back to the mirror. I wipe the stuff off of my face and clean my hand on his back. 'Hey!' He says as he turns around again. 'Now you did it.' He says.

He tries to grab me, but I move away before rushing out of the bathroom, giggling. 'Come here.' He says as he follows me out. 'No!' I shriek as I speed up. 'Come here Amelia~' I hear behind me as I run down the stairs, hearing his heavier footsteps follow. I laugh harder. 'Come here~' his taunting voice making me giggle. I run into the living room, but soon find myself cornered. 'Where are you gonna go now?' He asks. I giggle nervously as I breath a little heavy. He walks up closer. He wants to get wiping cream off his face and onto his hand, so I quickly wrap my towel around his face. He lets his hands fall to his sides as he stands in front of me. Towel still covering his face. When I carefully lower it, I see that he didn't talk because his mouth was covered too. 'Oh.' I say laughing a little. I wipe it away 'miss Harris.' He says. I giggle as I back away a little. Most of the shaving cream is now gone. 'You're not winning.' I say.

When both done, we go out for breakfast, both to lazy to make something.