42. Sleep over.

The drive back is quiet as I look at the rose in my hands. Eyes feeling heavy, cheeks warm and a happy feeling in my chest. This really was amazing. Nothing was forced. Nothing was awkward. Just happiness.

No one talks during the ride back. And not even when inside. We both head upstairs in silence. Clay goes to the bathroom as I change into my sleeping clothes. When he's done I head in to wash up as well.

When done, instead of heading to my own bedroom, I head to clays. The door is open a little, so I peek inside. He stands at his desk, so I slip inside and throw myself onto his bed, making him turn and look. 'What are you doing?' He asks with a chuckle as I look at him with one side of my face pressed onto the sheets. 'You wanted me to be your Valentine. That means you are my valentine. And I wanna sleep over.' I say. He turns his phone off and lays it on his desk before walking over and sitting down on the bed. He's wearing grey sweats and no shirt, about to go to bed himself too. 'You want to sleep here?' He asks. I roll onto my back and nod. He lays down 'You turn off the light then.' He says as he gets under the covers. I groan before getting off of the comfortable bed and turning off the light. 'You're so small.' He says before I  reach the switch. 'Sure mister I'm so tall I block everyone's view.' I say. I turn the lights off and turn around just to catch a pillow with my face. It falls to the floor after it hit me, and Clay looks proud. I pick it up and throw it back, but he sees it happening and catches it before laying it down behind him and laying down on top of it.

I climb back into bed.

'Today was nice.' I say. 'It was.' He says. 'Thank you. For everything.' I say as I snuggle half my face under the sheets. It smells like Clay and it smells really good. 'What?!' I can't believe sheets can smell this nice. I sniff it again as Clay chuckles 'what?' He asks. I grab his arm and pull him closer, or, he moves closer seeing how I wouldn't be able to pull the big man. 'You can't smell that nice.' I say as I lean closer so smell him. 'What?!' He now asks while laughing. I lay my chin on his bare shoulder and breath in, smelling the same smell as the sheets. 'Dude! What the hell.' I say as I sit up. I don't really smell his cologne because whenever I hug him I can't reach higher then his chest. 'What?' He asks again. 'How do you smell so good?!' I ask. He starts to laugh. 'That's not even fair! I'm to small to notice it when I hug you!' I grumble.

He sits up and pulls me into him. 'Come here then.' He says. I'm sitting in his lap now, facing him, as good as the same hight as him. It doesn't happen a lot that I don't have to look up a little to look him in the eyes. I hesitate and lay my hands on his shoulders, his skin warm under my touch. 'I...' I look from where my hand it so his eyes, his face a bit red. I move to lay my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes as the nice smell surrounds me. I take a deep breath, relaxing my tense body. He hugs me to him.

'Go out with me more often.'

I hum against his skin, eyes heavy and the tiredness trying to pull me under. 'That'd be nice.' I mumble. He moves his hand from my back to my waist. I kiss the base of his neck before pulling back and rubbing my eyes a little. 'Tired?' He asks. I nod before looking at him. He smiles softly and lifts me off his lap.

I lay back down under the sheets and close my eyes. I hear him shift before a gentle kiss gets pressed onto my forehead.

'Goodnight.'