2. Look.

I, for some reason, nervously watch the clock hit 2:30 pm. He was supposed to be here at that time. He should be here soon. It's a big thing to let someone you don't know in, so it makes sense for me to be nervous. I wonder what he looks like, and what he's like in general. I hope he likes the place. But most of all.... I hope he's not going to kill me.

The doorbell makes me jump and snap out of thought. I look behind me, in the general direction of the door.

I get up and make my way to the door. Opening the door to the hall and seeing someone on the other side through The stained glass window in the door. I open it and have to look up at the person in front of me. 'Tall.' I say as I shield my eyes from the sun before looking up at the tall man that's chuckling. His green eyes look back at me kindly as he holds out his hand. 'Nice to meet you in person.' He says. I lower the hand that was shielding my eyes and shake his hand 'Yeah same to you.' I say as I let the blonde man in. 'How was the drive here?' I ask. 'Just 15 minutes.' He says. 'Oh really?' I ask. 'Yeah.' He says as he already starts to look around. There's not much to see besides the coat rack and stairs that lead up.

'Would you like something to drink, or would you like to look around first?' I ask. 'Oh is it okay if I look around first?' He asks as he points to upstairs. 'Yes of course.' I say with a chuckle at his badly hidden curiosity. He smiles before heading up. I make my way to the living room and sit down on the couch.

After about five minutes he comes back.
'Everything looks so nice, is it a new house?' He asks. 'No, it's from 1870 but I just renovated after my last roommate moved out.' I say. He looks impressed as he walks around. 'All on your own?' He asks as he heads out of the living room and into the kitchen. 'Yeah, I had some time off so I put it to use.' I say. 'That's nice.' He says. 'Yeah.' I answer softly. He walks back out and sits down on the chair. 'Want something to drink now?' I ask. 'Sure.' He says. 'What would you like? Coffee, tea, soda?' I offer. 'Oh water is fine, thanks.' He says. 'You sure?' I ask as I head on my way. 'Yeah.' He says.

When we both have something to drink I sit down as well and look at him expectingly. 'It's a really nice place, and close to my family's house so that's nice.' He says. I nod and take a sip while pulling one leg up to my chest while the other dangles off the couch. 'And you're really nice.' He says as he gives me a smile. I smile back 'thanks.' I say. Pebbles comes up and jumps onto the couch. 'Oh! That must be your cat.' He says. I look at pebbles as if I've never seen her before. 'No it's not, I have a red cat.' I say as I stand up and pretend to look into the hallway as if somethings wrong. 'Wait, it's not?' He asks as he looks at where I'm looking at. 'Must be one of the stray cats that got in again.' I say with a sigh. 'Wait what?!' He asks with a laugh. 'No Sherlock, it's my cat.' I say before plopping down on the couch and petting Pebbles while he laughs. 'Oh you had me there.' He says while laughing. I grin.

'We'll if you're okay with me too, I'd like to be your roommate.' He offers. I smile, glad. 'Of course! I'm happy you want to live here.' I say. 'That settles it then.' He says as he pats his knees before standing up. 'I'll get the contract and it'll be settled.' I say as I walk him to the door. 'Yes. Is it alright if I start to bring some of my things here sometime next week?' He asks as he gets his car keys out of his pocket. 'Of course. I'll get you a key as soon as possible so you can get in whenever.' I say. 'Thanks.' He says as I open the door for him. 'I'll see you soon then.' He says with a smile before stepping out. 'Sure thing.' I say. He walks down the three steps and turns back 'bye!' He says with a wave. I have back.

I got a new roommate then.