74. Pick up.

The nurse helps me get dressed. Turns out, even the bag that mom packed doesn't include a shirt or sweater. So I pick up the hoodie that Clay brought and carefully slip it over my head and shoulder. 'Are you looking forward to go home?' The older nurse asks. 'I am, yeah.' I say as she brushes my hair gently. 'Is your boyfriend picking you up, or your family?' She asks. 'Boyfriend?' I ask. 'Yeah, that nice blonde man.' She says.

I smile to myself, happy that she can't see my face 'he's not my boyfriend.' I say. 'Are you sure?' She asks. I let out a chuckle 'I'm not sure.' She laughs with me. 'He's very sweet. He stayed the whole first night after your surgery. He wouldn't leave your side for anything. When I came back for my shift the next day he was still there. It seemed to me he is your boyfriend. I can see how happy you are when he's around. How it calms you.' She says.

I smile even more. 'Yeah, but he's somehow not my boyfriend.' I say. 'Then what is he?' She asks. 'He's my Roommate, my best friend. Sometimes feels like an adopted puppy. And sometimes he's like a boyfriend. So I'm not sure anymore.' I say. She chuckles. 'He is your roommate. He is as loyal as a puppy would be. He is in need of your company like a puppy and he acts like your boyfriend. Yet he is your roommate and friend.' She says to som it all up. 'Guess so.' I say with a chuckle.

She moves the hoodie a bit before walking around the bed. 'He's a good guy. Bet he'll be happy to have you home again.' She says with a smile. Her wrinkles being more obvious. 'Well he's staying with his family so mine can stay in our place.' I tell her. 'Do they live far away then?' She asks. 'Yeah, Europe.' I answer.

Right when I do the familiar man walks into the room. 'Good morning.' He says with a smile to both me and the nurse. 'Hi.' I say. 'Good morning.' The woman says back. 'She's just finished getting ready.' She says. Clays eyes land on his hoodie and his cheeks get slightly pink. 'Yeah, I'm a little early.' He says as he looks away. 'That's alright, you must have missed her.' The nurse says with a wink at me. I chuckle at her. 'I did.' He answers to my surprise. Normally he's not shy, but when it comes to jokes like that between the two of us he does get shy. Though him being like this turns the tables. 'You're all good to go. Have a save trip.' She says.

I stand up and Clay holds out his arm to hold. I wrap my hand around his arm and walk close to him. 'Happy to go home?' He asks. 'Yeah.' I say as I let out a sigh. 'Your mom and sister are happy you're coming home.' He says. 'What about you? Are you going to be staying at home?' I ask. I really want him too, and he catches on to that and chuckles. 'I'll see.' He answer. I look at the floor. 'Can you come home?' I ask. 'Well obviously I can, I just want to give your mom and sister some room.' He says. 'They can have my room. Just come back home.' I say. 'I.... wont that be weird. Like, they'll know we're sharing a room.' He says. I start to blush a little at the realization 'well it's not like we didn't do that before.' I mumble. 'We did, but...' I look up at him and see he's blushing too. 'Fine, let me suffer on my own.' I say as a joke. He starts to laugh as I let go of his arm. 'Oh come on now.' He says as he grabs my hand.

Like that, we walk our way to the car in silence.

He opens the door for me and I sit down.
'Lets go home then, shall we?'