23. Home land.

It's the middle of the day when we land at the airport.

I'm quietly enjoying the exhausting trip. 'I haven't been home is so long.' I say. A bit more then three years to be exact. 'You can sleep in your old room.' Mom says. I smile at her.

We drive through the flat landscape. 'God it's so different.' I say. So empty. Our old house is in the middle of nowhere, completely different from Orlando. I enter the all to familiar house and get greeted by the faint familiar smell. Whitney, our family dog makes little sounds as she happily takes her paws as she stands in front of me. 'Oh my god! You're here!' I say having completely forgotten. I kneel down and pet her and hug her.

That evening I lay in bed and look at my phone.

Tall Roomie: I hope the flight was okay. Have fun.

I smile at the screen.

You: thank you so much. The flight was a little bumpy, but okay.

I lay my phone down and close my eyes, back in my old bedroom. I chuckle a little as I look around. I have to take some of my things back with me.

We walk around the places I haven't been to in so long. The tiny city close by, that is laughable to be called a city compared to the cities in America. we walk around the streets of Amsterdam and other cities. We walk on the dirt roads I used to run around on as a kid.

It's been exactly one week.
'Morning.' I turn at the voice, seeing Kim and my heart suddenly weighing a little heavy. 'Morning!' I say happily non the less. For some reason I was expecting Clay to walk up. I haven't talked to him in a week and it feels weird. I miss his voice and seeing him around. I got so used to living with him and being around him.

I guess I....

I guess I miss him.