41. Piece of Glass.

When we step outside, I take a deep breath of fresh air.

We tied on the games, and played some games without it being a contest.

'So One more place.' Clay says. I look up in confusion, seeing how the sun is already setting. He notices my expression and holds out his hand for me to take 'okay?' He asks. My expression changes to a smile and I take his hand while looking away.

We walk through small streets before we reach the beach. My eyes land on the fair that's still a short walk away. I see Clay watching me for my reaction in the corner of my eye, so I look up at him with a bright smile. I love fairs at the beach, seeing how we don't have them in the country I came from. 'Is it a good idea?' He asks. I take his hand and start to walk, eager to go and look. He chuckles as he follows 'I don't get why George said no when you asked him to be your Valentine.' I say jokingly. Clay scoffs, but I can see the smile on his lips.

We reach the fair.

The lights are still off but the sun sets. 'Lets grab something to eat first.' He says. I nod and follow him. We get his favorite, and then my favorite, and we exchange them. We sit on the railing, watching the sun set above the ocean as we eat. The noises behind us from the fair, the pretty sun in front of us, and Clay next to me make me smile and my heart feel full. 'Thank you for today.' I say. He looks from his food 'it's not over yet.' He says. I chuckle as I look at the water below me 'I know that.' I say. 'I may fuck it all up at the end, so just wait before you thank me.' He says. I laugh a little 'yeah, you're right. I take my thank you back.' I say. He laughs as well 'smart.'

When we both finished eating, Clay turns and climbs off the railing. He throws the paper plates away before walking over. I try to get off too, first reaching down with my foot to stand a bit lower. The water is in front of me. I carefully turn around, but when I move my other foot off of the railing to turn around, the one holding me up slips. Luckily Clay was standing really close just in case. So he grabs my waist, my heart having gotten a small panic attack at the near fall. He lifts me up and over the small railing 'be a little more careful.' He says. I sigh as my feet stand on the pier. I'm holding his upper arm and let out a nervous chuckle 'You clumsy ass.' He says while starting to chuckle and turning. I leave my hand where it is as we start to walk.

The lights turn on in front of my eyes, making my eyes widen at the many colorful lights. 'So pretty!' I say as I squeeze his arm a little while starting to walk closer to him. He giggles at me as he looks at the lights as well.

We go on the Ferris wheel, and get some popcorn. We watch as some magician guy does tricks. The longer the evening lasts, the colder it gets, and the closer I walk to Clay. I hold my hands in the pocket of my hoodie as we walk around and look at all that's there. 'Want something warm to drink?' Clay asks. I nod, feeling a little tired by now. 'What would you like? They have hot chocolate and tea, coffee.' He says. 'Where do you see?' I ask. He points ahead at the many stalls 'the green one.' He says. I look around but don't see green. 'Where?' I ask. He takes my hand and leads me over. I look at the stall, but it's not green to me. 'You colorblind? That's yellow.' I say while looking at what they have. 'Yellow?' Clay asks. I quickly glance up. Oh shit. I turn away 'never mind.' I say. 'Yellow?' He asks again before laughing a little. 'Shush.' I say as I slap his chest.

We both get hot chocolate as we start on our way to the car. 'Oh wait.' He says. 'Hmm?' I look up at him. 'Can you wait here a sec, I need to get something.' He says. 'Okay.' I say. He hands me his hot chocolate and jogs off.

I sigh as I lean back against a pillar. I watch the moon shine onto the open water. I smile before taking a sip of my warm drink. This was the best valentine I ever had. Though I had a boyfriend before. It was nothing close to this.

After a bit Clay walks back up.
He holds something in his hands but I can't quite see what.

'So.... I wanted to get you something. Though I didn't know what, so I decided to watch you while walking around and see what you're interested in.' He says. I look at him, not at what he's holding. 'You seemed to like this.' He says as he holds his hands to me, showing me what's in it. A small glass rose lays in his big hands. My mouth opens, but no words come out. I did look at that. It looked pretty and cute and the man from the stall was making them himself behind it. My eyes move up from looking at the glass to his eyes. A soft smile on his lips as he looks at me. 'You like it?' He asks. He takes one of the drinks from me and hands the piece of glass over to me. I hand the other cup over to him as well, wanting to take a better look. 'It's so pretty.' I say in a higher and softer voice as I carefully inspect the glass rose. It's small, therefore cuter. 'I love this, Clay. Thank you.' I wrap myself around him, pressing my face against his chest as he tries to keep the drinks safe. He chuckles 'you're welcome.' He says. I let him go and look at the rose once more. He lets me look for a bit longer before asking me if I'm ready to go to the car.

I hold the rose in one hand as I hold his hand in the other while walking back.