40. Arcade.

'So what will it be?' I ask as I look at Clay. He's concentrating on the screen in front of him. 'Clay?' I ask. 'Hmm?' He looks up at me. I chuckle 'What will it be?' I ask. He stands up and holds out his hand. I look at it in confusion 'Come on, you are my valentine for today, hold my hand.' He says. I look him in the eyes before sighing and taking his hand. The second he holds it he pulls me off the bed and onto my feet. 'Just know that I'm crappy at romantic things.' He says. I chuckle as I follow him out of his room.

We make our way out on the sunny and warm day. Yet we both wear hoodies. He drives us a short twenty minutes before getting out. We're close to the beach, that's all I know. 'Alright, take a guess.' He says. I look at him 'I don't know.' I say. More then half of the day already passed. It's two pm. 'I uhhhhh..... the beach?' I ask. He shakes his head. 'Come on, you should know me at least a little by now.' He says as he takes my hand again and gives a little squeeze before walking us away from the car.

'Something simple and something that we'll both enjoy.' He says before stopping. Apparently I'm looking the wrong way, because he grabs my shoulders and turns me to my left. Arcade. I grin, I could have guessed that. 'Good idea, or do you want to go somewhere else's?' He asks as he leans his head over my shoulder, his face next to mine. 'Perfect, I get to win from you.' I say. He scoffs 'you whish.' He says.

Seeing how it's Valentine's Day, I quickly turn my head and kiss his cheek before hurrying over to the other side of the street. I chuckle for the fact that he didn't ask or yell from what I just did. I look behind me so see him looking left and right while crossing the road, cheeks a little pink. I giggle.

Me 1
Clay 0

'What first?' He asks as he looks around the arcade. 'Oeh!' I say as I spot something I like. I grab his wrist and drag him with me, getting a chuckle back. There are a lot of couples around. Laughing and talking, filling the arcade with a fun and easy vibe. I let his wrist go and stand at one side of the air hockey table. I grin As he smirks back. 'Alright, let's see who's better.' He says before starting the thing. I can hear the air start and my overenthusiastic ass giggles as Clay gets the puck. 'Ready?' He asks as he cocks his eyebrow. I nod while my eyes are focused on his hand, ready to react if he moves.

We laugh and yell at one another as we play, both cursing whenever the other scores.
There are eleven second left and its 7 - 6 for Clay. But on the last two seconds I score one last time.

'No!' He says before laughing. I let out a breath, letting the nerves and competitiveness fall before laughing as well. 'That was so close!' I say. 'I know!' He says. He holds his hand up after having walked over to me 'good job.' He says as I high five him.

He is next to pick out a game.
Basketball.
I'm not exactly bad, but I bet he's better at it. He chose it after all.

I keep my face natural as he looks at me, wanting to see my reaction. I shrug 'alright, you first.' I say. He starts the game and only misses four. His score goes up at a rapid pace. He grins when he's done, having 68 as final score. He gets his ticket and makes room for me to take his place, stuffing the tickets in his pocket. 'Try and beat that.' He says. 'Heh.' I start the game and try. It starts bad, but after a bit I find the right angle and the score goes up. When I quicken my pace of throwing, I manage to get to 61. 'I'm impressed.' Clay says. I pretend to pout as I take the tickets and hand them over to Clay so he can keep all of them. 'Fair game, you were good at that.' I say. He smiles as he looks down at me. Both of us have red cheeks, seeing how it's a bit warm inside.

'What now?' He asks. 'The one over there.' I say as I point at one that's a bit away. I saw it while waiting for Clay to finish. 'Sure.' He says as we start to walk.

It's a shooter game and I win.

'Jesus, you must have cheated!' He says. 22- 11 for me. 'I have double your points.' I say. He slights and lets his head hang down. 'Ahw.' I say as I pat his arm. 'How did you even do that?' He asks. 'Experience.' I say with a grin. He chuckles at my expression. I expected him to be a sore looser, but he's just being funny.

I watch him play the next game.
This was a good idea.