22. Gift.

I wake up on a soft bed with fluffy sheets and a nice smell surrounding me. I blink my eyes open to see and empty side of the bed. Disoriented by the fact that I fell asleep somewhere else, I look around me. 'Clay?' I voice comes out softly. I pat the fluffy sheets. 'Hm?' I sit up and rub my face. I'm in his bed. He rolls onto his side and looks up at me from the air mattress. 'What are you doing there?' I ask in a higher voice. 'Being awake because of you.' He answers. I snort 'but....' I look around myself and pat the sheets again. 'I told you you weren't sleeping on the air mattress.' He says. 'But I.... you...' I pout and look back at him. He chuckles 'what about it.' He says. I let myself fall back and snuggle into the sheets.

The week passes as if it were one hours, 45 minutes before we have to head to the airport, they hand me an envelope. I give them a curious look as I open it. I pull out a one way ticket to the Netherlands. I look up at them in surprise after seeing my name on it. 'Wait...' I say. 'Short holiday?' Kim asks. 'Wait what.' I say with a laugh. I look at the back. It is indeed a plain ticket. 'Wait, but work-' 'Clay took care of it for you.' I look at Clay and he smiles softly. 'You-' I look down at the ticket. 'I'm going back home?' I ask. 'You have two weeks off, so you can decide how long you want to stay.' Mom says.

I smile at hug them. 'Get a suitcase ready, you're on the same flight as us.' Kim says.

I get things ready, and when I'm done they stand ready to leave. We get in the car and Clay drives us and walks up to our gate. Mom and Kim walk ahead as I stop and turn to Clay. He turns to me 'thank you.' I say as I reach for his hand a squeeze it. 'Have fun, alright?' I ask. I smile and nod. 'I'll see you in two weeks.' He says as he squeezes my hand back. 'Take care of Pebbles for me please.' I say. 'I wil.' He says with a chuckle. I let his hand go. 'I'll see you in two week.' I say. He nods. I give him one more smile before walking to Kim and mom. When at the gate I look back to watch him walk off. I smile a little as I look down at the ticket in my hand.

Thank you Clay.