13. Meeting.

Clay rings the doorbell as I stand a little behind him. The door swings open and a woman wraps herself around him 'oh sweetheart, I've missed you.' The woman says. Must be his mother. Clay hugs her back and holds her close for a second 'I missed you too mom.' He says. They let go and the woman smiles as she looks up at the way taller man in front of her, holding his face in her hands with a proud and motherly look. I smile as I watch them.

The woman lets his face go and starts to squeeze him from shoulders to upper arms to lower arms and then hands while she looks him over.

After a bit she looks at me and smiles again, but differently. 'Oh dear, you must be Amelia.' She says as she shakes my hand. 'I am, it's nice to meet you miss' I say to the kind blonde woman. 'So formal.' She says with a chuckle 'Just Emily for you dear.' She says as she steps inside she lets us in and Clay waits for me to walk in first, not wanting to run ahead.

I appreciate him for it. 'Jay, look who's home!' Clays mom says. A man, looking like an older version of Clay smiles brightly as me and Clay step into the room. Clay walks up to him and hugs him. They're the same hight as well 'good to see you again fella.' His dad says. He gets grabbed in a headlock, but Clay gets out without trouble 'wanted to say I missed you but I take it back.' He says. 'I'll get you after I talked to her.' His dad says as he looks at me. He smiles politely and holds out his hand. My way smaller hand shakes His with a firm handshake 'impressive grip you got.' He says with a chuckle 'oh, runs in the family I guess.' I say with a laugh.

'She better be pretty Clay.' I hear a girls voice says as I hear feet come down the stairs. I quickly look at him from the other side of the kitchen. I notice his cheeks are slightly pink before I look at the door. A girl with the same hair color as the rest of the family steps in. She looks around expectingly. Her eyes land on me and she grins 'hi!' She says. Even she shakes my hand. Younger sister. 'I'm Alyssa.' She says. 'Amelia.' I say back. 'So be honest, want to kick him out already?' She asks. I laugh 'meh, so far so good.' I say honestly. 'So far.' She says before walking to her brother.

The height difference is just as bad as between him and his mom. He laughs and backs away a little as she walks up to him. Me expecting her to do something to him because of his reaction, gets proven wrong as she hugs her brother tightly, surprising him too as his expression softens and he hugs her back.

'Where are the other two?' Clay asks after his sister lets him go. I now notice that he doesn't stop hugging anyone until they let go first. I look at Clay for a second as his mom answers 'your brother is upstairs, your sister is running late from work.' He starts to walk to where Alyssa came from

'I'll go get him.'