121. Beach.

~Five months later~

Its summer now.

'Want to go somewhere?' Clay asks. 'Hm?' I ask as I look up from paperwork from work. 'Summer vacation is coming up. Want to go somewhere?' He asks. I lay the papers down and look up at him. 'Sure.' I say. 'Where do you want to go?' He asks. I shrug 'dunno.' He sits down across from me. 'What would you like? A city, the beach. Forest?' He asks. 'I like the beach and new cities.' I say. He hums and takes out his phone. 'In America?' He asks. 'Sure.'

We end up with California.

After a couple of hours of driving we arrive at the beach. There is a row of small cabins on the beach, all white with light blue. 'One of these is ours for the weekend' he says. I smile, excitement filling my chest. 'Let's go.' I say.

We get our bags and we head over after we got the key. It's number six. We get on the little veranda and I look at the double glass doors. Clay hands me the keys and lets me open the doors. I put the bags down and I unlock the doors, stepping into a cozy and bright living room with kitchen. It's adorable. There is a small couch in the right corner and a kitchen in the left. A small table with two chairs against the wall besides the door and a table in front of the couch with some candles. It smells great. I look into the small hallway straight in front of me and I make my way over. There are two doors. The one on the right goes to the small bathroom and the left to the bedroom.

When I leave the bedroom I run into Clay. It's to small to pass one another while facing one another so I stop, both hands against his chest.

He looks down at my hands before looking me in my eyes. 'On purpose, or....?' He asks. I smirk at him 'You wish'. 'I wish now, do I?' He asks as he lifts me up. I shriek as I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He walks me back into the bedroom and kisses me. He sets me down and moves past me. I get back out and I get my bag inside.

After a while we get our swim clothing on. I don't like to because I'm insecure of my body, but after a long time of trying to get out of the situation I gave up. When I'm done changing I get out of the bathroom.

I walk over to the veranda where Clay is waiting.

He's standing with his back facing me, his back muscles on display. I sneak over and I kiss his back. He jumps at my touch and turns around. He looks me up and down, making me uncomfortable. He takes my hand and makes me swirl around. 'Damn your gorgeous' he says. He pulls me closer to him and hugs me tightly. I'm blushing madly as I drop my head against his chest. 'Let's go' he says as he takes my hand before walking down the few steps.

He walks ahead and stops at the shoreline, waves leaping at his ankles.
I stop next to him and look down at the clear water. He looks up and then looks at me. He has a look of peace and calmness on him that I haven't seen before. He smiles at me, making me feel warm inside. We stand there for a while, enjoying the moment. I stare at his sun lit face and I memorize it, just in case.

When he sees that I'm staring at him he stares back, making it way more intense then I meant to. He then picks me up and walks into the water. 'Clay, don't you dare.' I say as I cling onto him. He chuckles as he walks further. He's in waist deep when he sets me down. 'Cold!' I shriek out as I wrap myself around him. He laughs as he hugs me. I rest my head against his shoulder and I stare at the horizon.

I love everything about this.