26.

'So everything is still alive.' He says as we step inside. 'What?' I ask with a chuckle. 'The plants and the cats.' He says. I shake my head with a smile.

'One thing though.' He says as he leans against the dinner table. I look at him and raise my eyebrow. 'My sister wants to stay over this weekend.' He says. Today is Thursday, so that would mean tomorrow. 'Which one?' I ask. 'Alyssa.' He says. 'Oh alright.' I say. 'That's okay?' He asks. 'Sure.'

So the next day we stand in the hallway upstairs. 'You can have my room, I'll sleep on the couch.' I offer. 'His tall ass should go on the couch Alyssa says. 'I can't allow that.' I say with a chuckle. 'You should go in the backyard.' Clay says back. Alyssa gasps dramatically. 'How dare you brother.' She says. I laugh at them 'alright, in all seriousness, who goes where?' I ask.

Figuring out these sleeping arrangements is a pain.

'I'm taking Clays room.' Alyssa says. Clay sighs as she walks into his room and closes the door. 'Harsh on you buddy.' I say as I pat his back. He walks over to his bedroom door and knocks 'at least let me get some blankets and clothes to sleep in.' He says. The door opens and Alyssa gives him a sassy look. I chuckle at them. 'Fine.' She says as she opens the door to let him in.

He walks back out with blankets and a pillow and sweat and a shirt. 'You're really going to sleep on the couch?' I ask. He nods as he walks past me. The friendly giant heads downstairs and I follow. 'You're not sleeping on the couch.' I say as I walk into the living room where he's getting the couch ready. 'Well I'd rather not sleep on the ground, so the couch is the best option.' He says. 'No.' I say as I walk up and grab his hand. I pull him back to the stairs with me 'what are you doing?' He asks. 'You don't even fit on the couch.' I say as I walk up the stairs, still holding his hand tightly. When in the hallway upstairs he starts to hold my hand as well, making me blush a little. 'You can stay here.' I say as I open my room and walk us both in. 'You're not sleeping on the couch.' He says. 'Well.... if you don't mind.... I am staying here too.' I say. He looks surprised and his face reddens, makings his light freckles appear. 'Sure. I'll... I'll just get my clothes from downstairs.' He says. I nod and head to the bathroom.

I walk in right when he pulls the waistband of his sweats in place. 'I should have knocked.' I say as I turn around immediately. 'It's safe. You can turn around.' He says. I get into bed and lay down, hiding under the sheets. He gets in on the other side and lays down as well. He moves so he's under the sheets as well 'what are you doing?' He asks as we're now face to face. 'Suffocating for fun.' I say. He chuckles. 'This gives me déjà vu.' I say. He laughs 'me too.' He says.

'I'll go turn off the light. Wait here.' He says as if I have somewhere else to go. He gets out as I stay under the sheets. I hear him walk to the light. Then it turns off and he walks back. 'I'm back.' He says. 'Hello.' I say with a giggle. It's getting harder to breath the longer I'm under there, so I move my head from under the sheets. Clay moves up too and takes a deep breath. 'Just don't kick me out this time.' I say. 'Well first off, I didn't. and second I'll be careful.' He says. 'Thank you.' I say before closing my eyes.

'Goodnight Amelia.'

'Night night.'