65. Again.

The next day we walk through the rain in silence. We have to go through the park to reach the grocery store. We're both as good as soaked by now, and Clay seems cold. Shoulders and neck tense as his lips turn slightly blue purple ish. I want to hold his arm, walk closer to try and keep him a little warmer, but I guess he didn't want me to. He's still annoyed with me. 'If you're cold I can go alone, you're going to get ill like this.' I say. 'Don't pretend you care.' He says back as he hides A little more in his hoodie.

I grab his arm and stop the both of us. 'Can you stop that? You know I care.' I say. He doesn't look at me and moves his arm out of my grip. I bite my lip as he turns to walk on 'Clay.' My voice is shaky. 'Why would you say I don't care? I'm over here, taking your anger and grumpiness because I know it's my own fault. But you saying I don't care is just mean.' I tell him.

He turns to me. 'I do care. That's why I need to hold myself back from holding your arm to try and keep you warm. That's why I kiss you cheek whenever you seem upset in a, apparently, weak attempt to make you feel a little better. That's why I want to stay close. You can't tell me I don't care.' I say now on the verge of tears. 'I care more about you then anyone else. Why would you say that?' My voice grows smaller with every word. I watch the raindrops fall in the puddles on the ground as I avoid his eyes.

The one think I didn't expect happens. He get wrapped in a wet and cold embrace, face pressed against the wet hoodie Clay is wearing. 'I known. I'm sorry.' He says. I grab his hoodie and hold it tightly, not knowing if hugging back is okay. He lets me go and pulls up the hood that he made slip off. He puts it back in place, covering my hair. 'I know you care.' He says softly as he shivers and starts to walk again.

I catch up with him and reach for his arm with careful hands. When I notice he's letting me hold his arm, I walk closer to him. 'I...' I look down at the wet ground, a raindrop falling from my chin into my hoodie and making me shiver. 'I think I like you more than a friend.' I say quietly and full of embarrassment.

Clay stops, making my hand slip from his arm. I turn back to look as him but get caught by a cold hand that slips under my hoodie to hold my face. He moves my head up a little so I look at him. Raindrops gently fall onto my skin as his green eyes look at me intently. 'Say... say that again.' He says. My face heats up and my eyes look away. 'Amelia.' He moves me face up a little more, making me look into his eyes again. 'Please.' He says as he leans down a little, his face getting closer to mine. 'I- that's embarrassing.' I say. 'Please?' He asks again.

I won't say that again.