36. Dinner.

'So just taste and see if it needs any more salt or spices.' I tell Clay. He asked me to teach him how to cook. He knows basics, but when it comes down to big meals, he fucks up. He gets a spoon and taste it. I look at him expectingly 'it tastes bland.' He says. 'Then What do you think you need to add?' I ask. 'Uhmmm...' he picks up the one spice I think he added enough off already. 'No, no, no.' I say as I stop his hand from grabbing it. 'Does it lack flavor, or spice.' I ask. 'Little bit of both.' He says. I move salt to him. 'Add a bit off this first and try again.' I say. He does as I say before grabbing chili powder and adding a bit. He steers and tastes again. 'Something just tastes off.' He says. 'Let me try.' I say as I take the spoon from him and scoop some of the food off of it. I taste it and realize what's wrong, so I add more spices and herbs till I guess it's alright. I hand the spoon back over and he tastes. 'That's so much better!' He says as he smiles at me. I smile back before looking at the stew. 'Well, you had the base right, just adding the spices and herbs need work. Good job.' I say as I pat his arm. He smiles proudly and looks at the food.

We sit down and the dinner table to eat. It's been a while since we ate at the table instead of the couch. It's a lot different to sit in front of him while eating, instead of next to him on the couch while watching tv. 'It's good.' I say after having taken a couple of bites. 'Thank you, though you did the actual taste part.' He says. 'Oh come in, you did as good as everything.' I say. He hums and looks down at the plate in front of him.

'You know it's nearly valentine right?' He asks. He's not eating as he's still looking at the plate. 'Mhm.' I hum while chewing. 'I uhhh....' he starts, but gets too shy to continue. He rarely ever gets shy, so it's adorable when he does. 'Oeh Clay~ do you have someone in mind?' I ask teasingly. His face reddens even more. 'It's George right.' I say with a grin. He finally meets my eyes 'What?! No.' He says. I look at him, so he looks away again.

Valentine is in two days, he hadn't brought it up before, so I assumed he was just going to ignore the day like I was planning to, even though while we're doing grocery shopping, there's overdone signs everywhere.

He clears his throat before looking up at me again.

'I do have someone in mind though.'