119.

next morning I blink my eyes open

I turn my head to see Clay's broad shoulders. His frame moving ever so slightly as he breaths. His back muscles are on show, and the bruise he got from hitting his shoulder a couple of days back is still there, red now. He makes a soft noise, making me smile. The man that I loved since I first met him, is laying in my bed.

I get up, carefully and quietly. I make my way to the bathroom, I need to shower and change the bandage.  I carefully slip my panties off so I can take off the bandage. I see skin hanging loose on my leg and hip. The redness hasn't gotten less, and the blisters are still there. The air of the bathroom stings the still fresh burn.

I turn the water on and wait for it to get warm, as I take my shirt off. When I step under the water and it runs over the wound it burns. I groan and bite my lip. I turn the shower colder, hoping it'll ease the burning feeling, but it doesn't. I quickly finish showering before I head out.

Seeing how I'm walking weird, and water got out from under the shower, I slip when I step out. It doesn't really hurt but it makes a loud thud, as I land against the bathtub. 'Amelia?!' I hear Clay say. I quickly cover myself with a towel before he opens the door. He looks like he's half asleep, squinting his eyes at the brightness of the sun streaming into the room. 'What happened?' He asks. 'Slipped.' I say as I chuckle at myself. He steps in, holding out his hand. 'Clay I'm not wearing anything.' I say. 'Well, wrap up.' He says. I clutch the towel closer to me and Clay lifts me up from the ground.

'I'll leave you to it.' He says. He walks out and I see him go back to the bedroom. I put on a bra and a oversized shirt. I can't get my panties on. 'Clay?' I call out. He comes back, looking sleepy still. 'Can't get these on.' I say as I hold my panties on one finger. He yawns as he takes them and kneels down in front of me. He doesn't move though 'did you bandage first?' I look at the counter to see the new bandage and the cream. 'No.' He stands up, planting a kiss on my forehead before walking back out 'call me when you're done.' He says.

I put on the cream before I apply the bandage.

I walk over to the bedroom. He shifts when he hears my footsteps. He gestures for me to come over, so I do. He sits up and takes the underwear. He holds it again, so I can step in and gently moves it up till I can reach it. 'Thank you.' I say as I ruffle his messy bed hair. He surprises me by pulling me closer to him by my waist as he still sits down. He kisses my stomach before laying his head against me. I gently stroke his hair and play with the ends. 'Are you okay?' I ask. He hums. 'Just be careful. I'm already here to hurt you.' I chuckle at him. 'No you're not.' I say. 'Well, I try not to.'