55. Breakfast.

I sit on my bed, hugging my knees as I look out of my window into the darkness of the night. I'm tired. But I can't fall asleep. I can faintly hear the television downstairs. It's not midnight yet I guess. Clay must be awake still.

I sigh and get up. Making my way out of my bedroom, but I stop. I can go downstairs and bother Clay with me not being able to sleep, or I can go to his room. I slip into his bedroom and crawl under the covers. The nice smell and fluffier sheets surround me. In his room, the tv sounds clearer, but it's not bothersome.

I wake up earlier then normally. I stretch before rolling onto my back. I look at the ceiling and see a different lamp on the ceiling. Right. Clay's room. That means.....

I look to my right. He's as good as completely snuggled under the covers. His face is visible from his nose up. I smile softly and move a little closer.

Whatever Liam and I didn't have, Clay gives.

I look at him for a bit longer before getting an idea.
I'll make him breakfast!

I quietly slip out of bed and walk down the hall with light feet, soundless.
Both Pebbles and Patches greet me when I enter the living room. I give them both food before starting on what I want to make Clay. I remember his mom telling me how he enjoys French toast. That he got exited about it as a kid because she didn't make it often. I get eggs, milk, cinnamon and bread. I get everything ready. When it's done I fill a plate with toast. Set them on a tray, along with different toppings. Then some strawberries. And then the drink. I think for a second. He doesn't drink tea often and he doesn't drink coffee in the morning. He drink milk or orange juice. So I get a glass of juice.

When done I smile proudly and head upstairs.

When I get into the room, he's still asleep.
Do I want to wake him for this?

Its 09:15 am. That's alright, right. I set the tray down and get onto the bed, sitting next to him on my knees. 'Clay?' I say as I shake him a little. His eyes open and he blinks a couple of times before his green and sleepy eyes meet mine. He moves the covers to free his face and shoulders and he smiles before stretching his arms above his head 'good morning.' He mumbles sleepily. I smile back. 'I made you something.' I say a little excited . He chuckles 'yeah?' He asks. 'Sit up for me.' I say. He sits up and scratches his head. His eyes land on the food and he smiles a little. 'Breakfast?' He asks as he moves his pillow against the headboard before leaning against it.

I set the tray down on his lap. 'I like this.' He says as he points at the French toasts. 'I know, your mom told me.' I say. He looks at me and smiles softly 'come here.' He says as he holds out his arm. I chuckle and hug him, careful not to knock the tray off.

He looks at the tray 'but there's just one plate.' He says. 'Yeah.' I say. 'What about you?' He asks. 'I don't really have an appetite.' I say. After What happened yesterday, I can't get anything down. He gives me a sad smile before looking at the food. He grabs a strawberry and hands it to me. 'What do I do with this?' I ask with a laugh. 'Eat it for me.' He says. I sigh as he moves the other pillow against the headboard too, and moves the sheets so I can sit down next to him. I chuckle and sit down, letting him move the sheets over my legs. I slowly start to take tiny bites of the strawberry, taking my time with it. 'I never had breakfast on bed before.' He says. 'Really?' I ask. He nods as he start to eat. 'I get to be the first who give it!' I say, making him laugh. 'Yeah.'

We sit in a comfortable silence as he eats and I nibble on the berry.

This is a good start of the day.

I realize how I just got into his bed. And how he didn't mind.
He hasn't said anything about it.

I look at him, blushing a little.
I smile to myself.

Good to know.