184. Trip.

'We should really go on that trip.'

My head moves up to look at clays back while he's preparing dinner. I'm sitting at our dinner table, going through old folders. 'Where did you have in mind?'

I could use a trip.

'Italy?'

I chuckle as I go back to looking at what's written on the papers 'really? Italy?'
'Yeah. Did you have something else in mind?'

I hum before shaking my head 'no, Italy sounds good.'

One week later we're boarding the plane, a trip to Rome, and then Pompeii.
'I can't believe we're actually going.' I say as I hold clays arm.
He chuckles 'I don't joke about this kind of stuff.'

We find out seats, take off and land.

Rome. One of the most beautiful and historic cities of the world. Sun is shining down as we walk through the cobble paved streets and old buildings. Dinners in the evenings, nights at the hotel.

We sit by a river, sun having set. Lights off buildings and lanterns trace the side of the water while we sit and drink something. 'It's beautiful here.' I state as I look at the glinstering of small lights on the water. A cool but warm evening breeze sweeping through. 'It is.' Clays voice sounds calm, and it makes me turn to look at him. My eyes meet his and I catch the soft smile on his lips.

'As mistakes go... making them with you is the best thing I could have ever done.'

His words make me smile too, watching the small lights dance in his eyes. 'I agree.'

We walk back through the narrow streets, heading to the luxurious hotel. Clays hand holds mine as I look at our surroundings. 'Maybe we should start working on the wedding plans when we get back.' My eyes moves to Clay 'marry before the baby arrives?' Clay gently squeezes my hand 'marry while your mom is still able to attend.'

His words make me lower my eyes to the ground. 'Right.' As painful as it is, he's right.

'Venue. Dress. Menu's. Suit. Guest list. Cake.'

The small list in his mind spoken out loud.
A small huff leaves his chest and he smiles to himself.
'I can't wait to see you in white.'

My heart flutters at his words, making me smile too.
'Then lets start planning when we're back home.'