142. Parents.

We come to a stop at a sport park, not having dared to say a word.
'We don't talk about this with Tyler.'

So we're picking his little brother up.

'Clay Please,'

'What.'

I look at the man I fell in love with months ago.
The man I've never had a fight with before.

'I want to go back to how we were. Can we try to make this work again?'
The second the question leaves my lips, the door to the backseat opens.
'Hi guys!' Tyler says happily. 'Hey bud.' Clay greets back before starting his car again.
'Hey.' I say softly. 'How was training?' Clay asks.

The entire ride to Clay's family house I'm quiet as He and Tyler talk and catch up.
When I look at Clay it's as if nothing happened.

I watch as he slightly squints his eyes as the bright sun and his tanned skin.
I notice how much lighter his hair looks in sunlight.
While I'm looking at him, he glances my way, probably having started to notice.
He doesn't say anything, but I can't seem to tear my eyes away.

Does he feel the way I do?
Isn't he scared?
Doesn't he want us to go back to normal?
To share a bed.

To have conversations without it turning into a fight.

When we arrive Clay and Tyler get out immediately, and I have to hurry to stop Clay before he enters the house.

I take hold of his hand, only to have him glare down at them.
'We can't keep doing things like this.' I tell him.

'Im telling my parents that you're pregnant.'
With that he enters the house.

Like he said, I find him outside with just his mom after only three minutes of being here.
I watch them as I sit at the dinner table with his father. The glass doors to outside giving me a view of clays face, and it seems troubled.

'What's going on kid?' Clays dad says. My eyes go from Clay to his father in front of me. He's going to tell them anyways so why will I keep it from him? 'Can I tell you something that will probably shock you as it did me and Clay.' I ask. He nods slowly. 'I.... Uhm..... I'm- I'm' getting stuck on words I curse myself

grow up

'Im pregnant.' I say. The man's eyes widen in shock before it eases into a smile close to clays. 'I hope it's clays.' He says teasingly. 'Of course it is.' I say breaking into a small smile as well.

Our conversation is light, and makes me feel less troubled. But when I look through the glass door, clays conversation has him in tears again. He looks upset as he talks and listens.

'Clay wants to keep it.' I say as I look from Clay down to my hands. 'Of course he would. He loves you.' Jay says. I look up at the man that in so many ways looks like Clay. 'I...' I sigh and avert my gaze to the wooden table. 'Do you... not?' He asks. 'I'm not sure.' I say.

He smiles softly 'You're the one who's going to make the final decision, but don't make one you'll regret. I know he'll love the baby no matter what. And he'll respect your choice too.' I nod and fiddle with my fingers for distraction. 'We haven't been doing good.' I tell him honestly. He takes a sip of his coffee 'it'll turn around. Just don't shut him out.' He says

the doors open, and Clay's Mom steps inside. Behind her Clay is seated with his head in his hands. Emily gives me a sad smile. 'He loves you sweetie.' She says. 'I love him too.' My voice is small. 'You guys are sleeping here tonight.'

Seems reasonable.

We won't fight that quickly here.